Skip to main content

The 2023 NASG Convention is coming up in less than a month, and these are the last few days to exercise the standard registration rates. Don’t miss out on the best of S in Harrisburg, PA July 25th-29th. For more information and to easily register, visit the convention website: http://nasgconvention.com/

There is something for everyone with a trio of terrific tours to the Horseshoe Curve, Gettysburg, and East Broad Top. See familiar faces at the ice breaker event and shop from your favorite vendors. Expand your horizons in engaging clinic sessions and view or participate in the annual modeling contest. Be sure not to miss some great layout tours and the fabulous closing banquet with awards and auction to follow.

Note: if you were waiting on a paper registration form, please proceed with on-line registration instead. If you've already registered, we'll see you real soon! For additional inquiries, please contact Convention Chairman Jamie Bothwell: jamie.bothwell610@gmail.com

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@FlyerRich posted:

I was planning to attend but I see that a one-day registration is no longer free to members. The last convention I attended was in Boxborough MA in 2018. When did that change?

According to my records, one day registration was $28 for last year's Buffalo convention and the 2019 Cincinnati convention was $25 for NASG members. The trading hall and the rooms for the clinics cost $ and sponsoring clubs try to at least break even.

Hope this clarifies.

Bob

I have been the NASG webmaster since late 2011, and I have done the annual NASG Convention web site for most of the years since 2012 (a couple of Conventions were done by the local club members). I have never seen or heard of any one-day attendance to the NASG Convention being free. What you see on the Convention web site is dictated by the local club that is putting on the Convention; I just implement their desires. Of course, the ultimate decision is up to the local club if they want to allow for certain special-case allowances, but it has never been a standing "rule". The local club has to pay for the hotel space that they occupy (at the very least), so allowing for free attendance would mean that the local club members would have to cover the costs of those attending and not paying. From a general economics point of view that wouldn't make any sense, but there can always be exceptions. One such possible (and theoretical !) exception might be that if there have been plenty of people whom have signed up to attend such that the local club's costs are fully covered. But, that is not known ahead of time.

By the way, starting at midnight tonight (July 6th, Central time U.S.) the full-attendance registration fee goes up from $60 to $80. So, if you have been thinking about attending, better sign up, now!

- Peter (NASG webmaster)

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.