Skip to main content

I pulled my Nickel 2 6 6 2 off of the shelf a couple of weeks ago to run at our Memphis Model Railroaders open house. To my dismay the headlight would not come on. I checked the  Aux 2 function and no luck. I guess the lamp is out. I found the lamp #6108011019 on the Lionel parts list for the engine. I assume it is the correct lamp. if this is not correct please let me know.  However there was no diagram of the engine that would help me figure out how to get to the  lamp in order to replace it. The manual for the engine does not reference how to replace the headlight lamp.

Could someone explain to me how to get to the headlight lamp on the TMCC Nickel Plate  2 6 6 2 before I order a $1.50 lamp and pay Lionel $10 to ship it to  me.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Last edited by Richard Gonzales
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Richard, almost always the shell has to come off to replace the lamp in order disconnect a connector. The lamp itself usually slides back from its housing. Sometimes its held in with a rubber grommet. 

Also the part number you show is the cab light. The headlight is this item.

BTW this headlight as well as the bi pin cab light is used in scores of Lionel engines. You can spread out the cost of shipping by ordering other consumables like this including traction tires, smoke resistors and smoke batting. Lionel charges 10 bucks for shipping if you buy one item or many dozens of items.

Peter

Last edited by Norton

Richard,

Easy to do as you do not have to take the shell but have to take the front truck. One slotted screw that holds a small bracket and spring there. You should be able to lift it off from there. You might have to loosen the bracket that holds the truck to the frame loosening those 2 screws.

I think the headlight is attached to a plug there near the smoke unit.

Last edited by Ted Bertiger

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.