Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by CharlieS:

quote:
rather hideous metallic line green

HEY! my 68 Mustang was lime green!

They brought back the color a while ago, I don't know whether it is still available.

There are a few recent lime green mustangs around here.

IMG_4926

My 1/24th scale lime green 1974 Pinto Runabout model.What a beauty.

Dan 

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_4926
Originally Posted by Sam:

Dan986

Where did you get the diner sign atop the Lionel diner?

Did it come with it?

IMG_4169

IMG_2768

The roof top sign is from a diner tin box.The tin box can be found sometimes on Ebay under"Stella's tin diner".I am working on making a lighted version of the sign using Miller Engineering's EL experimenter's kits.I also plan on replacing the dull Lionel diner on my layout with the nice looking diner model that is actually a telephone.The diner can usually be found on Ebay under"diner phone".

Dan

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_4169
  • IMG_2768

None on the layout because my cut-off date is 1950.  So the Moustang wasn't even a dream at that time, but I do have a bunch of 1930's and 1940's Fords in various parking lots, streets, driveways, lost in the woods, etc.

But now, in the garage is parked my toy:  My 2008 Moustang GT with 5 spd, the first standard transmission I've owned in 40 years.  Great diversion for an old guy like me!

Paul Fischer

None on the layout.
Owned 64 1/2. With 3 speed 6 cylinder
67 with a 289.
And a 68 with added 302 and GT package.
added Crager ET Mags that I won at the Auto Show. Eventually stolen, stripped, resold and recovered.
Turned out corrupt cops in the Boston Auto Theft Task Force was stealing to order using tow trucks.

But a Vin is always a ViN and I had the original title.
Originally Posted by pennsyk4:

50th anniversary 2014

mustang

Overall I think I like the look of the new one, but kinda wished they kept the door post section where the upper quarter panel meets the door window...but this look is more true to the first gen.

On the layout I only have a '68 GT currently, but will add a white Ertl '64.5 to represent my 'bashed' '66 in the garage...200 Straight 6 with a 5spd and front disc brakes...the way ford should have made 'em in 1966

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.