Skip to main content

I bought this set six years ago and never had a problem until now.

The TPC 400 has been working fine also. I am using two 180 watt Lionel Powerhouse transformers.

When turning on Legacy system, the COMM L.E.D. on the TPC 400 is on constant.

On the bottom right side of the Legacy base the red L.E.D. light is blinking fast.

On the bottom left side of the Legacy base the green L.E.D. light is on constant.

Alternating blinking red battery lights at bottom of Legacy base. I checked the rechargeable batteries, they checked out OK. Shows batteries charged up.

On the TPC 400 the COMM L.E.D. light on the left is on constant.

The TRACK L.E.D. light on the right is blinking fast.

I checked for wiring trouble, none I could see.

I have no control of diesel.

Could the trouble be in the Legacy #900 system ?#990 LEGACY COMMAND & 400 [ TPC ) 001#990 LEGACY COMMAND & 400 [ TPC ) 003#990 LEGACY COMMAND & 400 [ TPC ) 004

Attachments

Images (3)
  • #990 LEGACY COMMAND & 400 ( TPC ) 001
  • #990 LEGACY COMMAND & 400 ( TPC ) 003
  • #990 LEGACY COMMAND & 400 ( TPC ) 004
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

normally a fast blinking track led on a tpc means its set to command mode. 

try this address the tpc id# then at bottom of remote push the m button the slow blinking should be gone as the tpc is now in conventional mode.

but as martye suggested to remove the tpc from the legacy base that will tell you which device is having an issue.

I assume you have remote out of the base unit ?

I've used this combination for several years.  Try reassign the tpc a new id.  if your using an engine code change it to train code.  I've had a few issues in the years I've had this setup and every once in a while a reprogram seems to do it good.  Check to make sure your don't have a stuck key on your remote.   assuming you tried a different tmcc engine as well I would also check the command operation.   like I said the usual fix for mine is assigning a new Id to the tpc.   These are definitely finicky at times. 

Sounds to me you have  "stuck" key on your CAB 2. If your Red Light in blinking constantly, it means the CAB 2 is constantly putting out a signal to the Base! I had the same problem, the Boast/Brake/Direction button was stuck ! Exercise that button or blow air into it, see if  that will work!!  The best approach is to send it to Lionel (after you get an RA from them)! All it will cost you is the shipping to them! They had mine back on 10 days 

StPaul posted:

try this address the tpc id# then at bottom of remote push the m button the slow blinking should be gone as the tpc is now in conventional mode.

but as martye suggested to remove the tpc from the legacy base that will tell you which device is having an issue.

Thanks for your help, I assigned the TPC a new track ID#. The Boost, Brake, Direction button, I think was sticking. Sprayed some compressed air around the button , it seemed to help.

Fredstrains posted:

Sounds to me you have  "stuck" key on your CAB 2. If your Red Light in blinking constantly, it means the CAB 2 is constantly putting out a signal to the Base! I had the same problem, the Boast/Brake/Direction button was stuck ! Exercise that button or blow air into it, see if  that will work!!  The best approach is to send it to Lionel (after you get an RA from them)! All it will cost you is the shipping to them! They had mine back on 10 days 

Thanks for the info, I assigned a new Id# and worked on the Boost, Brake control button with some compressed air. Seams to be working OK for now.

StPaul posted:

Fredstrains posted:

Thanks, I exercised that button and blew compressed air on the CAB 2 Boost button, That worked!

Also I assigned a new ID# to the TPC. Thank Again, ERN.

Hi Fred, My Cab-2 is not working again. After the Holidays are all over I am going to send it to Lionel Service Center. I will call for a RA number to send it back. Did you send the complete 990 Legacy Command Set back in its original box. I sent the complete set back in February  of 2015 for a fix on the Base charging system.

Thank You Very Much For The Info,   Ernie

Just so you know that when you turn the power off to the tpc and turn the power back on, an hour later or the next day,etc, the tpc reverts back to command mode UNLESS you press the set button after pressing the M button for conventional.

Thanks,

Ted

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.