I hope that someone has encountered this problem and can help...
I just purchased a LCS WiFi unit to use with my Legacy Base (v1.60 / v1.61 software) and Lionel iCab on an iPhone (iOS 13.6).
1. Connect all wires
2. Set to "Base"
3. Set to "Access Point" (not home network)
4. Powered on
5. iPhone finds LCS access point and connects
6. Launch iCAB app
7. iCAB app connects to LCS wifi (chain logo goes from red to green)
8. LCS green LED blinks every 2 seconds
9. LCS red LED is not lit
10. Command base yellow light is not lit
11. App says "Downloading data from base"
12. This goes on forever (> 3min; phone goes to sleep), so I hit "Cancel"
13. I get an error message that says could not download data "error 5"
14. It keeps trying to "download data" but never does
I tried checking all wire connections, powering off, powering / connecting in a different order.
The phone is sitting on top of the LCS box
I unplugged my DCS WiFi in case it might be interfering.
Am I doing something wrong or do you think I have a defective unit?
Thanks to anyone who can help.