Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Adriatic:
Originally Posted by Doug W.:

Great layouts all.

All these years that we have been doing the halloween layouts in the garage this was the first year that we heard the question "Do you do this for Christmas as well ?". Needless to say it got the wheels turning, so this is what we did.

From Halloweentown:

To Bedford Falls :
Visitors were a little thin so if we do this again next year we will definitely provide some advertising to all the halloween visitors. It was still a lot of fun !

How are these photos posted Doug? I cant open them further to look close, Not without downloading, and saving the page, scanning, reopening, etc. or changing the browser scaleing.

Edit: After back tracking into this thread Im finding many photos I cant open in a new window. I have never run across it before, not that I remember anyhow. Any answers? Zooming does not keep photos clear enough to view them. I don't have time or room to download, scan, and erase every photo

I use Shutterfly as the host, and do a "copy & paste". I'll add a few more shots from different angles:

Last edited by Doug W.

Here are a few photos of the shelf display Linda and I made with the help of niece Sophie and nephew Zach in 2013 & 2014. 

2013-holiday-diorama-008-1200x

2013-holiday-diorama-004-1200x

The display centers around the Walter E. Disney 4-6-0; MTH's prototype of the Walt Disney World locomotive acquired when MTH cleaned out their warehouse in 2013. A very handsome model in a deep red color. Even has the correct builder's plate! And it runs. Or would if I had a layout. I added the fireman.

2013-holiday-diorama-005-1200x

Cars are future Carolwood Pacific cars. Probably.

2013-holiday-diorama-007-1200x

The WDW station is a model that was sold at the Florida park as an accessory for their HO version of the same 4-6-0. Hard to say the station wasn't a little over-sized for HO. Might be a little over-sized for O. Castle is from a poster, laminated to foamcore.

2013-holiday-diorama-001-1200x

The riverboat is a (repainted) 1960's model of Disneyland's Mark Twain. It started life as a transistor radio available at the park. The stern wheel should be brown, but I like red. And the one at the Florida park is red, so I think I'm OK here.

2013-holiday-diorama-schannuth-006-1200x

The Grizzly Flats depot in O by Stoney Express signals the end of the line for the Red Car Trolley (resin model I motorized, but still needs work). Mountains are pink Foamular, shaped with Hot Wire Foam Factory tools and covered in more Kilz than I care to think about. Our daughter works at Walt Disney Studios, hence the little framed tribute. So proud.

2013-holiday-display-007-1200x

Finally, our 'other' shelf display -- a tribute to my father who runs the (real) switcher at his favorite grain elevator. Model loco and cars by Atlas O.

Hope everyone had happy holidays!

Todd

Attachments

Images (7)
  • 2013-holiday-diorama-004-1200x
  • 2013-holiday-diorama-005-1200x
  • 2013-holiday-diorama-007-1200x
  • 2013-holiday-diorama-001-1200x
  • 2013-holiday-diorama-008-1200x
  • 2013-holiday-diorama-schannuth-006-1200x
  • 2013-holiday-display-007-1200x
Last edited by AFTX