Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Great guess, Paul!

We’re excited to add another covered hopper to our collection! Introducing the Northern Pacific covered hopper!

The Northern Pacific Covered Hopper will be a beautiful new addition to your train collection. This O gauge hopper features realistic details, including a chassis with premium metal trucks and operating couplers. This hopper has a two-tone, green-colored body and detailed logos from the Northern Pacific Railway. It even has a removable cover with opening hatches!

Single (279-3873) Shop Now!
6-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4011) Shop Now!

Plus, buy any O gauge train item $19.99 or higher and get a FREE flatcar with Kubota tractor!

IMPORTANT: You MUST add (1) Flatcar w/ Kubota Tractor (SKU# 279-3186) to your online shopping cart for every qualifying train item you wish to purchase. Flatcar price will be subtracted as part of the checkout process.

Click here to shop now!

NO LIMIT! – Buy as many as you want!
Buy (1) O Gauge Train Item $19.99 or Higher, Get (1) FREE Flatcars
Buy (10) O Gauge Train Items $19.99 or Higher, Get (10) FREE Flatcars!
Buy (100) O Gauge Train Items $19.99 or Higher, Get (100) FREE Flatcars!
*Limit one free flatcar with tractor per case of track or super set ordered.

In case you miss it, today’s email is shown below. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

banjoflyer posted:

Just had a thought....(and yes that makes my head hurt)...would it be a salable item if Menards were to offer just the covered hopper tops in say a generic black so that those who have cars such as Alaska will be reissued with a covered hopper top:

so the addition of a black top could make all prior cars do double duty. Who would buy just the tops if Menards made them available?

Mark

Mark,

That is a very good question. I'm also curious as to what everyone's opinion about this is. Would people buy them?

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Menards posted:
banjoflyer posted:

Just had a thought....(and yes that makes my head hurt)...would it be a salable item if Menards were to offer just the covered hopper tops in say a generic black so that those who have cars such as Alaska will be reissued with a covered hopper top:

so the addition of a black top could make all prior cars do double duty. Who would buy just the tops if Menards made them available?

Mark

Mark,

That is a very good question. I'm also curious as to what everyone's opinion about this is. Would people buy them?

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Good Day Mark,

I would suggest offering the Hopper Tops and the Coal Loads as separate sales items!

Cheers,

Frank

General shout out to everyone !  Please don't post on the forum every time you receive something defective or post to Mark on the forum. First contact Guest@Menards-inc.com.  as of yet they have not failed to resolve any ones problem "that i am aware of".  if you don't get resolve THAN post to Mark and he will intervene on your behalf.  I like to follow the thread but don't necessarily need to hear every time someone gets a bad wheel.  Just sayin people i Love you all but lets not use this platform as the primary method to contact Menards reguarding an issue . 

Bill_R posted:

General shout out to everyone !  Please don't post on the forum every time you receive something defective or post to Mark on the forum. First contact Guest@Menards-inc.com.  as of yet they have not failed to resolve any ones problem "that i am aware of".  if you don't get resolve THAN post to Mark and he will intervene on your behalf.  I like to follow the thread but don't necessarily need to hear every time someone gets a bad wheel.  Just sayin people i Love you all but lets not use this platform as the primary method to contact Menards reguarding an issue . 

Agree. Reporting to this forum should not be the first step...

I think it is OK when there is a general technical alert that might need to be broadcast - like the situation with some of the layout building power supplies providing incorrect voltage...but that's more for the member's benefit - and not a way to alert Menards.

I am sorry for posting my problem here but I wanted Mark's help. I did not want to explain to a corporate customer service rep that a tiny number on a toy train car was in the wrong place. I have 9 Menards cars and this is the first one not perfect.I won't do it again but I had an answer in 10 minutes on the forum and found out the correct place to send problems online too.

Johnny Winkler posted:

I am sorry for posting my problem here but I wanted Mark's help. I did not want to explain to a corporate customer service rep that a tiny number on a toy train car was in the wrong place. I have 9 Menards cars and this is the first one not perfect.I won't do it again but I had an answer in 10 minutes on the forum and found out the correct place to send problems online too.

Its all good my brother.  not men't to chastise you just a general comment to all.  There is   always an exception to the rule so please don't feel like your not allowed to say anything.  

banjoflyer posted:
Basil posted:

I think selling the covers separately is a great idea!  I'd buy them.  Now if only Menard's would do the hopper in Soo Line. . .

AND MKT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

Mark

OK, what color of red.  Or John Deere green and yellow?  But Miss Katy of any sort is OK.  BTW, if Lionel made the Girl's Train 6464 boxcar with yellow doors, they would have been close to MKT's express boxcars.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.