Skip to main content

Check out these new intermodal shipping containers!

O Scale 40-Foot Schneider® Containers (279-4656, 4657) Shop now!

Dimensions: 9-1/2”L x 1-7/8”W x 2”H

Place them anywhere in your layout, or stack and transport them to their destination using an intermodal train car (Menards SKU# 279-3688, 3689). Each set even includes pins for simple stacking!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Last edited by Menards
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If you're a Santa Fe fan, you'll love these new intermodal shipping containers!

O Scale 40-Foot Santa Fe Containers (279-4658, 4659) Shop now!

Dimensions: 9-1/2”L x 1-7/8”W x 2”H

Free Starbucks Box Truck!

Now through January 19, 2019, buy any O gauge item $19.99 and over and get a FREE 1:48 Scale Starbucks Box Truck!

Please Note: This offer excludes train buildings that are eligible for the free Benson's House promotion.

IMPORTANT: This offer is valid on online purchase only. You MUST add (1) Starbucks Box Truck (SKU# 279-4462) to your shopping cart for every qualifying train item you wish to purchase. The free truck price will be subtracted as part of the checkout process.

Click here to shop now!

In case you missed it, I've included today's train email below.

If you want to receive these special offers and new product announcements, click here!

Thank you,

Attachments

Last edited by Menards
robmcc posted:

I've been hoping Menards would expand the intermodal/container line. Keep them coming! Mark, any chance there will be a  well car only offered in the future? It would be nice to have few to use with the 20' containers and the new 40' ones.

Rob

Hi Rob,

That's an interesting idea. Now that we sell the containers by themselves, an empty well car might be something to look into. Thanks for the input!

Love the Santa Fe ones you have now and those Chessie ones look great too.

At first I didn't understand why my favorite home improvement store was making it's own line of O gauge train stuff.

Then it hit me.  Menards sells what you need to add on to a house or build an out building.

This all a ploy to get us to add on to our houses or build out buildings.

I'm on to you guys  

I've been hoping Menards would expand the intermodal/container line. Keep them coming! Mark, any chance there will be a  well car only offered in the future? It would be nice to have few to use with the 20' containers and the new 40' ones.

Rob

"Hi Rob,

That's an interesting idea. Now that we sell the containers by themselves, an empty well car might be something to look into. Thanks for the input!"

I am seconding the idea for Menards to sell empty well cars, preferably sooner rather than later.  

I'm seconding (third-ing?) the idea of offering empty well cars, now that there is a growing selection of containers to put in them (Atlas O does this). One could conceivably acquire a string of well cars over time and economically equip them with a random-looking assortment of modern-looking containers, without having to figure out what to do with all those Yang Ming containers one would ordinarily have acquired in the process.

Viva Variety!

---PCJ 

Last edited by RailRide
RailRide posted:

I'm seconding (third-ing?) the idea of offering empty well cars, now that there is a growing selection of containers to put in them (Atlas O does this). One could conceivably acquire a string of well cars over time and economically equip them with a random-looking assortment of modern-looking containers, without having to figure out what to do with all those Yang Ming containers one would ordinarily have acquired in the process.

Viva Variety!

---PCJ 

That's exactly why I've held off ordering any more cars. I planted the empty well car seed with Mark and he was quite receptive to the idea. Hopefully!

Rob

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.