Skip to main content

Introducing this brand-new Western Pacific Covered Hopper!

The Western Pacific Covered Hopper will be a beautiful addition to your train collection. This O gauge hopper features realistic details, including a chassis with premium metal trucks and operating couplers. This hopper has a black roof and silver-colored body with detailed logos from the Western Pacific Railroad. It also has a removable cover with opening hatches!

Single (279-3875) Shop Now!

6-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4013) Shop Now!

Plus, buy any O gauge train item $19.99 or higher and get a FREE Pennsylvania Railroad Box Truck!

IMPORTANT: You MUST add (1) Pennsylvania Box Truck (SKU# 279-3840) to your online shopping cart for every qualifying train item you wish to purchase. Box truck price will be subtracted as part of the checkout process.

Click here to shop now!

NO LIMIT! – Buy as many as you want!
Buy (1) Train Item $19.99 or Higher, Get (1) FREE Box Truck!
Buy (10) Train Items $19.99 or Higher, Get (10) FREE Box Trucks!
Buy (100) Train Items $19.99 or Higher, Get (100) FREE Box Trucks!
*Limit one free box truck per case of track or super set ordered.

In case you missed it, this today’s email is shown below. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Menards posted:
Matt Kramer posted:

Ordered!

Mark... Will we see more cabooses released under different road names?  

Matt,

That's a good question. Is there a particular road name you would like to see?

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

I might be asking for too much here but the question was asked so here goes... Everyone knows that MENARDS rolling stock have unique road numbers. So how about taking it another step further?

Union pacific had a number of "slogans" on their cabooses (usually in a white box) such as:

"Have train will travel"

"We're a great big rolling railroad"

"Go Big Train"

"There's No Romance In Taking A Chance"

"Don't Get Carried Away- Think Safety"

"Make Safety Your First Thought - Not Your Last"

"What Do We Do? We Work For You"

"America- We're Pulling For You"

"Everyone Gains Where Courtesy Reigns"

(etc.)

So, in addition to each MENARDS UP caboose having a unique road number, the MENARDS Union Pacific caboose would have a random "saying" printed in the white box. When ordering- you wouldn't know what you got until it arrived and you opened the box!

The possibilities for looking for a particular saying or trading for a particular saying might add a lot of interest.

I have no idea if this is practical but it's my suggestion so there you have it!

Attachments

Images (1)
Last edited by MG Brown
Menards posted:
Matt Kramer posted:

Ordered!

Mark... Will we see more cabooses released under different road names?  

Matt,

That's a good question. Is there a particular road name you would like to see?

Mark,

You bet.  Many have asked for a serious caboose to go with those gorgeous Santa Fe boxcars and hoppers. 

20170130_093346[0)

Naturally, now that I have two orders in transit, you guys come out with two more that are hard to resist.  Anyway, On with Menard's.  Also, it's hard to disagree with Bob about these things, especially when the new WP car is already on it's way, haha.

Jerry

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Menards Santa Fe cars in the Santa Fe room

Mark,  

How about Soo Line for the hoppers?  Or does the Soo not sell well?  I've noticed that the Soo has been passed over for multiple items, the coal hopper, the three dome tank, caboose, etc.  It got me wondering if Menard's just didn't see the numbers from the Soo Line that makes it worthwhile to use it.

Basil

Virginian65 posted:

Menard's is really stepping up. I love the WP covered hoppers. Opened an acc't., but couldn't make a sale, Wonder why, will try again later. Would love to see some Wabash and Katy numbers, but especially decent, more scale-like cabeese.

If you are still having trouble, Customer Service can assist you with placing your order. Their email address is customerservice@menardsoc.com.

Bill_R posted:

Mark    ( TMTG )

Are there any plans to restock the Santa Fe Box Car SKU #2793830 which is currently sold out

Bill,

Yes, we do plan to reissue the Santa Fe boxcar (War Bonnet). However, I don't have an estimate for when they will be available for sale.

Six cars for $100, that pencils out to less than $16.50 each.  You can't go wrong.  Think about it, Lionel is selling single freight cars for $85.  For anybody just getting into this hobby, (young kids) Menard's is offering the chance to put together a very decent train for $200.

How much longer before the BIG "M" starts to offer a conventional Diesel engine for a very reasonable price?

Keep it up Menard's you are starting to have a very favorable impact on this hobby.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.