Skip to main content

mike g. posted:
cabinet Bob posted:
mike g. posted:

Paul, you have first choice! I just want one, but I don't have a NS Pennsylvania to trade! I just have a Military truck of the same style. Also a couple Santa Fa box trucks.

Mike: How many do you want?

I just want one with Jake on it.

no problem, you have one with your name on it.

Introducing the FasTrack™ to Tubular Track Conversion Piece from Menards®! Specially designed to coordinate with Lionel® FasTrack™ systems, this ingenious piece creates a smooth transition from FasTrack™ to tubular track. Simply push the two ends together and they’ll lock in place, allowing you to expand and transition your train layout as needed.

- Creates a smooth transition between tubular track and FasTrack
- Middle rail measures 10” in length, so a piece of FasTrack plus the adapter measures exactly 20”
- One end mates with tubular track, one end mates with FasTrack

2-Pack (279-3868) Shop Now!

In case you miss, this today’s email is shown below. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Last edited by Menards

doncha all see the progression?  Switches are just around the corner.

Look at it this way:  a lot of non-hobbyists receive/buy a starter set with - fastrack.  Menards *sells* fastrack, but I'm sure they have better margins on their house-brand 031-profile track. Newbies don't want to get rid of those few pieces of fastrack, and it seems too expensive to buy enough other fastrack pieces, so, Hello, Menards! Let's buy some of your track!

And, what does every kid, regardless of age, want the most?  Switches!!

Menards is doing such a great job of growing the hobby, they've GOT to be working on switches in order to increase the operating enjoyment for everyone.  These adapter tracks not only allow connection to fastrack, but will also support adding the new Menard's SwitchJacks (had to take care of Jack in there....).

Mark my words, folks, we'll see 'em before Christmas 2017!

(disclosure:  I have no connection to Menards other than being a customer. I have no clue if the above will come to fruition or not, but I'm goin' with it.)

RadioRon posted:

This tubular transition track may be the answer to a problem that doesn't exist.  Lionel has long offered a 5-inch Fasttrack transition piece that has a "street price" of $8.50 from a major OGR Forum sponsor.  LINK to Lionel item # 6-12040     I dunno.   

We thought a 10" piece makes much more sense because both FasTack and Tubular track comes in 10" pieces. I'm curious to see what feedback we receive.

2 transition pieces for $9.99 is a pretty good deal.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Menards posted:

We thought a 10" piece makes much more sense because both FasTack and Tubular track comes in 10" pieces. I'm curious to see what feedback we receive.

2 transition pieces for $9.99 is a pretty good deal.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Sorry, you are TOTALLY correct..... somehow I neglected to note that is TWO sections for $9.99.  Apologies!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.