Skip to main content

Now is the time to save BIG on Train Stuff from Menards during our 11% rebate sale! Most of our train products are only available online but you can still get a rebate for them! Sale ends April 23, 2016.

If you aren’t familiar with our rebate program, here’s how it works:

1. Make a purchase from any Menards store or MENARDS.COM
  2. Pick up a rebate redemption certificate or print one at the MENARDS.COM rebate center
  3. Mail in the certificate along with the rebate receipt. For online purchases, this can be found as a PDF attached to your order confirmation email.
  4. Receive your Menards merchandise credit check in the mail (Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing)

Merchandise credit checks can be used in any of our stores. They are not usable online but we don’t mind if you trade, sell or transfer them. If you don’t live near any of our stores, stop in and visit us when you visit in the midwest! MCC’s never expire or lose their value, so collect them as long as you like and redeem them when you can!

Click here to shop now! 

In case you missed it, here's this week's email. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up! 

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Here we go again with what I affectionately refer to as the Midwest,Ohio Valley rebate program! Too much hassle for those far away and Mark, good buddy if I suggested to my Dear wife a 9 hr round trip to visit a Menards so I could use the rebate, I would have to check my truck before I started it! LOL! Was hoping for something I can "easily" use, like a free flat car with the bigger Pennsylvania or BNSF tractors with a purchase! So I will sit and wait for "the deal" and then pull the trigger big time! Because I really like the train products and Mark!!

play trains posted:

Here we go again with what I affectionately refer to as the Midwest,Ohio Valley rebate program!  Too much hassle for those far away.  If I suggested to my Dear wife a 9 hr round trip to visit a Menards so I could use the rebate, I would have to check my truck before I started it!  LOL! 

Yeah, the rebate idea is nice, but virtually unusable by most of the people on the forum ..... who don't likely live near a Menards store.  "Trade them" ??   Seriously?    

Just as a point of clarification: You do realize that the 11 percent rebate program this week is for all Menards purchases in store or online for all merchandise, not just train stuff. Menards has had these promotions for years, long before the company did any train manufacturing.

The program is designed to increase store sales in a given week, primarily for home improvement products. The trains are just along for the ride.

Menards also does individual rebates on specific items each week, sometimes resulting in a net zero price for an item. My dad gave me a variety of "free" tools over the years that he picked up because of the rebate deals.

The idea behind the rebate checks is to draw people back into the store for more sales. Like any large retail chain, Menards uses store merchandising to entice sales -- that is, it displays items in a way that prompts you to buy items that you need or believe you need. (The walkway leading back to the train aisle in the store I use regularly has had LED bulbs right there in the middle of the aisle. I must have stopped and looked at that display a half-dozen times now.)

So while it would be nice for those living east of Ohio, south of Missouri and west of Wyoming to be able to use rebate checks online, the fact is that Menards issues the rebates to generate store sales. I'm guessing the number of people buying bulky home improvement items online just doesn't justify an online rebate program under Menards' business model.

And let's be fair. These train items are already pretty darn cheap, as is.

Jim R is correct, I did mention we have new items coming in the fall. However, to avoid confusion, I wanted to clarify that that comment was made in reference to our in-store selection.

We will continue our online releases throughout the year as long as we are able.

Thank you,

Menards posted:

Jim R is correct, I did mention we have new items coming in the fall. However, to avoid confusion, I wanted to clarify that that comment was made in reference to our in-store selection.

We will continue our online releases throughout the year as long as we are able.

Thank you,

Sorry about that Mark. I misunderstood. Glad to hear we won't have to wait until fall.

EscapeRocks posted:

I always love the 11% rebate threads as they just prove what kind of cheapskates Ogauge hobbyists are. 

Paint with a broad brush but what hobbyist/craftsman does not enjoy the thrill of the chase ?!?

Penny Wise Pound Foolish if Lionel would ever discount a boxcar.    Zoom in if needed, but one of these boxcars retails $45 with no discount and is much lighter than the other one that retails $17.79 after 11%..  I couldn't decide so I own both and choose while blindfolded, I always reach for the heavier one.   Food for thought.

PRR LionelPRR MenardsPRR

Attachments

Images (3)
  • PRR Lionel
  • PRR Menards
  • PRR

Those Menards trucks are heavy,  the very reason for the post above.

and  for a thought,  the way to grow a business, is to bring upon new ideas, for the buyers to 

contemplate about and for sure enjoy, while they spend.  The way to enticement is what we have seen in the

past.  the 11%, is a nice rest break for a company to take time out ,and view what they can do , for a consumer product, enhance

and purchase.  THE need for capital is brought about with large sales, which WILL, happen as the events of the past

few months, m pretty sure, has the board room talking about sales graphs spikes upward, (even after the free trucks-expense)

is included in the balance sheet.   FOR sure, this product manufacturer will not go dormant for a few months, and then 

hit all at once. There are buyers, thinking planning , and cmon, credit card cycle ( roll over 1 month), so we have a clean 

sheet to strike with.  The HELO's flats will look good again , I think coming in the next few weeks !!!  Just like  Jeff and WALTER

with arms crossed,  WE'll wait.   

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.