Skip to main content

OGR Ad Man posted:

OK guys.....lets be more respectful to the original purpose of this thread....to introduce a new structure from Menards.  Honestly....I don't know why it seems lately some folks get "testy" quite quickly....even when someone is genuinely trying to help.  

Thanks Mark for continuing to keep us updated with your offerings and interacting in a positive way with our members. 

All the best....

Alan

A well worded post - GLAD you chimed in - sometimes the "children need a dressing down!

Paul Kallus posted:

This is a neat looking building.

My concern, like with all Menards structures, is their use of white bright LEDs, which makes some of them glow unrealistic. Will be interested to see what this one will be like because I can use it in my downtown area.

Paul,

I agree, sometimes brighter isn't always better. I believe there are other threads where folks have dulled down the lights using a few different techniques.

The York Hotel interior is subdued and we believe it to be very realistic. I'm sure we will start to see photos pop up in the coming days as they arrive.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

PJB posted:

Mark,

I'm a big fan of the Menards structures and have bought many.  I've been asking for years for someone to please offer true city buildings, and voila!  This appears to be a good one - I really hope it's the first in a series.  You say it's made out of MDF.  I tried zooming in on the website photos of this building to see the brickwork detail, but the photos aren't high enough resolution.  

Any chance to get some close-up photos of the brickwork and building corners posted here?  

Thanks.  

Peter

Hi Peter,

I agree, the zooming on our website leaves something to be desired. With hundreds of thousands of products online, we are reduced to 1000px x 1000px images. The good news, however, is I am happy to post images.

Thanks for asking!

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 279-3973 High Res
  • Brickwork Corners
Last edited by Menards

Hey Mark, the Menards Train Guy.  I just received my Hotel. It is great. Thanks for another excellent structure.

However, I do have a small problem. I am missing (1) window frame on the front facade....

How do I get a frame to fill the void? I do not want to send the whole building back. 

I looked for an email to contact you off the board but could not find one so I need to "ask" in this thread.  

I could steal one from the back but the Hotel will be viewed from all (4) sides.

No pic attached but if needed let me know.

Thanks for any replies.

Donald

3rail 2 posted:

Hey Mark, the Menards Train Guy.  I just received my Hotel. It is great. Thanks for another excellent structure.

However, I do have a small problem. I am missing (1) window frame on the front facade....

How do I get a frame to fill the void? I do not want to send the whole building back. 

I looked for an email to contact you off the board but could not find one so I need to "ask" in this thread.  

I could steal one from the back but the Hotel will be viewed from all (4) sides.

No pic attached but if needed let me know.

Thanks for any replies.

Donald

Hi Donald,

I'm glad to hear you like the building!

I'm sure we can get a new window frame for you. If you would email guest@menard-inc.com, they will be able to assist you further. Customer service may ask you for a photo of the missing frame, so please include one if you can when you send the email.

Thanks!
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Menards posted:
PJB posted:

Mark,

I'm a big fan of the Menards structures and have bought many.  I've been asking for years for someone to please offer true city buildings, and voila!  This appears to be a good one - I really hope it's the first in a series.  You say it's made out of MDF.  I tried zooming in on the website photos of this building to see the brickwork detail, but the photos aren't high enough resolution.  

Any chance to get some close-up photos of the brickwork and building corners posted here?  

Thanks.  

Peter

Hi Peter,

I agree, the zooming on our website leaves something to be desired. With hundreds of thousands of products online, we are reduced to 1000px x 1000px images. The good news, however, is I am happy to post images.

Thanks for asking!

Mark - thanks. 

Picked mine up last night and despite the 2 hour round trip to my nearest Menards had to take it out of the box and try it out before going to bed.....WOW is all I can say.  Of course while I was there had to look around in the store and found some additional diecast vehicles and used old 11% rebate cards to pay for them which was a bonus.

Bryan in Ohio posted:

Picked mine up last night and despite the 2 hour round trip to my nearest Menards had to take it out of the box and try it out before going to bed.....WOW is all I can say.  Of course while I was there had to look around in the store and found some additional diecast vehicles and used old 11% rebate cards to pay for them which was a bonus.

Bryan, we got ours last week. Put it on our layout. Looks fantastic. It's just that with our layout, it looks small. I think you understand.  Thanks.  Tom Sr.

Last edited by OGR CEO-PUBLISHER

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.