Skip to main content

I picked this up the other day on line from a place called 3000toys.com. It is mostly all metal with a plastic bucket. Very nicely detailed piece IMO and fits right in for where I have it positioned on the layout. Something different to add in a scene.

Attachments

Images (3)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Great looking model but it is not a JLG Lift - I worked at JLG Industries during the early start up years and I was responsible for the first 1/50 scale model of a JLG Lift (originally known as the Condorlift) made by Winross in about 1977.  This is a model of the French Haulotte HA20FX aerial work platform.

Scale models in 1/32 scale and in correct JLG colors (orange and tan) are made by TWH Sword.  You could use the 1/32 scale model and just say it is a very large machine.

JLG's largest competitor, Genie Lift (owned by Terex Corporation) uses blue and gray as their standard corporate colors.

In a way glad to see people refer to all aerial work platforms as JLG Lifts - similar to tracked bulldozers being referred to as Cats.

WJP,

I have posted pictures of it a few times on the forum, I could certainly post them again and maybe take some more and post them as well. The structure was built by a good friend of mine, he is very talented at this stuff. I can tell you a little bit about it, it is primarily made from Evergreen Stryrene, the crane will move down the building by hand as it rides on HO scale rails. It has to be painted yet and some siding & roofing added to it down the road. Even the ram tractor (for moving coils) was scratch built as was the wooden coil racks.

Bill PRR,

I said it was a JLG only because I figured that is was most of us recognize it as. The Sword line of die-cast is amazing stuff, I will check into the 1/32 scale version.

Thanks,

Jeff

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.