Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is a really nice engine, Chris and Sid!  Great job!!

@harmonyards posted:

And the nay-sayers ( you cats know who you are) boast young people ain’t getting into this hobby, …….well, whatcha gotta say now??…..Chris’s gorgeous layout, accented by the Heavyweight himself, Sid…….great work Sid!…and well documented by Chris,…..clearly this hobby is in good hands,…….👍🏻

Pat

You are absolutely right, Pat!!  There are many young fellows really doing some neat stuff everywhere and in my area as well.  Our little club in nearby Zelienople has morphed from 4 retired guys (me included) and 2 guys in their 50s, to a group with the same old guys and about 8 guys from 10 to about 35.  They have really added a lot of enthusiasm, ideas, and energy to the group!

So can swinging bell and whistle smoke and Supachuffa be added to other K Line locos such as the usra 2-8-2 and the scale K4?

Well this engine did not get a super chuffer. This engine received legacy. Total different setup. Swinging bell is likely not a feature I plan to install on a regular basis unless you are willing to pay up for it. However these upgrades could possibly be put in those engines.

@Mark Boyce posted:

That is a really nice engine, Chris and Sid!  Great job!!

You are absolutely right, Pat!!  There are many young fellows really doing some neat stuff everywhere and in my area as well.  Our little club in nearby Zelienople has morphed from 4 retired guys (me included) and 2 guys in their 50s, to a group with the same old guys and about 8 guys from 10 to about 35.  They have really added a lot of enthusiasm, ideas, and energy to the group!

This is why you have the title as Gentleman O gauger Mark,…..there is a contingent of stuck in the mud folks that can’t see the forest through the trees,…crying doom & gloom, …..meanwhile, fellas like Sid & Bruk continue to push the boundaries and add technologies that is the kick in the pants this hobby needs to thrive for younger generations,…….

Pat

Chris and Sid, great project, beautiful work, and especially love the video(including the dramatization). That is a world class job if ever I saw one. I am glad this worked out really well. I would like to point out that in the roundhouse(around 8 minutes and change), one of the monkeys dropped his monkey wrench on the board(or off rather). You'll have to get the maintenance crew to pop it back up on the board so those monkeys can knock it down again. Also, I think around the 10 minute mark when the B&A is taking that slight curve in the background, it looks like there is a rogue tree tapping on the train. Best get the trimmers out there to keep it from excess wear and tear as well as possibly falling over causing a derailment.

Once again, great job, beautiful engine. It was worth the wait to view it on the laptop instead of the tiny small phone screen.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.