Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Introducing our newest building – The O Gauge Red Owl Store!

Enhance your train layout with an O Gauge Red Owl Store! Modeled after a real Red Owl storefront that existed in Eau Claire, WI, this prebuilt and prelit model is a beautiful representation of a grocery store franchise from yesteryear. Plus, it has over 45 LED lights!

Outfitted with 24 LED lights on the exterior, the Red Owl’s iconic sign comes to life with a steady-on or playful blinking pattern. And beneath the beaming light, you’ll notice that this small store is brimming with eager shoppers and well-stocked shelves. Peer through the wide windows to watch the shoppers as they peruse the simulated grocery aisles within. A total of 8 figures are scattered throughout this attractive structure, which includes 6 adults (4 individuals with shopping carts), 1 child and Jack the German Shepherd!

And on the roof, you’ll see 3 animated ceiling vents and 2 air conditioning units, which really put this display over the top. Along with vintage “Ivory Snow” and “Kellogg’s” advertisements encasing its exterior walls, this train model is also adorned with “Red Owl” lettering that is illuminated by 20 LED lights! Plus, with the addition of truck doors on the backside of the building, this Red Owl Store looks like its back in business! SKU# 279-3472 

The footprint of this beautiful structure is 8-5/8" x 17-1/2" and height is 5-1/2".

Click here to see more

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

rboatertoo posted:

thanks for the link, ordered!!!   Mark are we on a building a week schedule??  Just want to know if I should leave some open spaces on the layout!!!!

rboatertoo,

We are on a blistering pace, that's for sure. I hope you like this building as much as we do!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Mark,

Agree, very cool.  Thanks for specifying the exact dimensions.  I went to the website after Bob's "Wow" since we had nothing else to go by.  The dimensions there are a bit confusing.  I'll have to do some serious thinking (and gluing) to create a space for this one.  Looks fantastic!!  I want this one and the new station, but, no more room to spare on my 35 foot long table.

Since I may have to put these 17 inches high, off the table (uppermost level), can anyone remind me how the guys wire these without the 4.5 adapter?

Jerry

JerryG posted:

Mark,

Agree, very cool.  Thanks for specifying the exact dimensions.  I went to the website after Bob's "Wow" since we had nothing else to go by.  The dimensions there are a bit confusing.  I'll have to do some serious thinking (and gluing) to create a space for this one.  Looks fantastic!!  I want this one and the new station, but, no more room to spare on my 35 foot long table.

Since I may have to put these 17 inches high, off the table (uppermost level), can anyone remind me how the guys wire these without the 4.5 adapter?

Jerry

You need to buy the 4.5 adapter  to power it up.see the website to order it. Bob 

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.