Skip to main content

I Have 4 180 Watt lionel Powerhouse power supplies i am planning to hookup to MTH TIU

i have an adapter to plug into the original Molex plug to convert to banana  plug to go to the tiu

when i just bench test the powerhouse with the adapter plugged into it and turn it on put a volt meter accross the banana plug leads i dont get any voltage reading shouldn't i be getting 18 volt reading ?

Regards

Prentice

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The newer Powerhouse 180's have a switch in the plug's third position that must be depressed to keep the Powerhouse live.

You can stick a piece of rolled-up electrical tape or get a pin from Lionel customer service as described in this thread.

I Have 2 of the older 6-22983  and 2 of the newer 6-85226 and all 4 of them i get the same thing no voltage readings and the adapters i have for the newer ones have a pin in the third hole to push in on the switch  that is built into that 3rd hole

How did people run trains before this forum was available to troubleshoot problems?  Things like this are simple, yet nearly impossible for one person to catch when only dealing with himself. I cannot tell you how many electrical issues I resolved with input from the forum, when all the options I could think of were exhausted.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.