Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the info on the catalog box car. I am not very familiar with AF history. The size is about 43" x 48". It is 3/4 " plywood with a white felt type cover that looks like snow. I just "refurbished" it this year after many years use under the tree. I added an electrical box to plug the tree into. When I take the tree down I will post pictures of the board itself. Glad you are enjoying this as we have for all these years. While this train arrived from Santa in 1953, the attached picture shows my "heritage" with my brothers from 1948. I do not know what the train is the picture. My father usually bought American Flyer trains from the Western Auto store in our town. 15550001

Attachments

Images (1)

Pictures of the "platform" for under the tree. The oval is 41 1/2" x 52 1/2". I cut the cord from our artificial tree and put a plug on the shorter piece that would connect into the socket I put on the board. The other end of the cord from the tree I hard wired into the outlet and ran the cord under the board in a routered groove. I have a sleeve of white material that goes over the tree stand and hides the outlet and cord. I put a knob in the center so I would know where to center the tree stand. On the back side I covered all the groves after the wires / cords were in place with the "plastic" stripes that are used to put around the edge of plywood when making shelving (Don't know the name) and these are ironed on to activate the glue and bond them to the wood. I added 2 "handles"that retract into the plywood base to make it easier to life and carry. It was more expensive than I planned ... I used my wife's 10 year old iron and it died 2 days later ...$80DSC02237DSC02238DSC02241DSC02245DSC02246DSC02244 for a new iron - she was happy!

Attachments

Images (6)
  • DSC02237
  • DSC02238
  • DSC02241
  • DSC02245
  • DSC02246
  • DSC02244

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com