Skip to main content

So as to keep the 2-Rail subject separate from my “Christmas in July 2019” thread https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/...ristmas-in-july-2019, I figured I would start a new topic here, if the moderators approve.

Have any of you in OGR world who do 2-Rail or converted their equipment to 2-Rail, ever removed the center rail from MTH RealTrax and used it (with electrical modifications to the track, of course) to run their trains on?  Notice that I just said 2-Rail, not 2-Rail Scale, as there is nothing scale about RealTrax, nor does it need to be.  If so, can you show some photos as to what they look like?  Thanks.

Here are some photos of my above mentioned Christmas in July layout, but without the trains. I removed the center rails and broke off the tabs that held the rails.  I then blackened the white plastic parts that remained from the tabs with a sharpie pen.  The result almost makes the center of the track look like it has oil and fluid residue down the center like in real life railroads and roads for cars.

Intrigued by the look.  Who knows, maybe there is a future in 2-Rail O Scale for me? 

OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS09OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS10OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS11OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS12OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS13

Attachments

Images (5)
  • OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS09
  • OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS10
  • OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS11
  • OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS12
  • OGR 2-Rail RealTrax XMAS13
Last edited by Amfleet25124
Original Post

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)