Skip to main content

I have several 2 rail locomotives both steam and some diesel. I must admit i like how the 3 rail stuff sounds, but i dont care anything about dcc. So my question is there anything out there that i can put in my 2 rail to have the sound conventionally running? How does the mth boards work when its a 2/3 rail loco, can i mody those to work? Something off the shelf available? I know there is pfm sound but i was looking for something a little more modern? Also dont want to drop a ton in each loco either. Any advice is appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My recommendation is to think again about DCC.  With it comes smoother running, easier wiring, multi train operation (without flipping block selectors), constant lighting, and a wide and growing selection of sound decoders.  Yes you'll have to pick one brand for the base units and throttles (NCE was my choice), but you'll have complete brand independence for decoders you can mix and match to the need.  MTH, AtlasO, and Sunset diesels are now ready to roll with DCC compatible sound.  At least 4 brands of decoders are available for retrofit in older steam and diesel locomotives.

Ed Rappe

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.