Skip to main content

Hi all,

On our recent trip to the States I picked up a MTH PS2 M10000 20-2298-1. We set it up on the layout this weekend. The unit runs great under DCS.

However locomotive sounds 1 to 5 do not trigger any sounds. Locomotive sounds 6 to 10 work correctly. The PFA sounds work. 

I reloaded the locomotive sound set from the MTH website. This worked with no problems. But again Locomotive sounds 1-5 do not work. 

Is this operation correct? Or is there a issue?

Thanks

Nick

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks guys. 

Marty, yes it was a used set. It's hardly had any run time looking at its condition and the odometer etc.

All the sounds work as normal apart from engine sounds 1-5 soft keys. These are normally talking announcements on the other 2 PS2 engines I own. I just wondered as it was a early PS2 engine from 2001 if all the features were implemented?

The PFA sequence runs fine and you get all the announcements but I can't appear to trigger them individually via the soft keys. 

It's not a major issue (at the price I paid) as everything else works and it runs very nicely. Just a bit weird.

Nick

Here's a update.

Downloaded a PS2 5V GP9 file to the M10000 and the engine sound soft keys 1-5 work correctly.

Downloaded the RK M10000 PS2 5V file and engine sound soft keys 1-5 do not work. Downloaded the correct premier M10000 PS2 5V file and again the engine sound soft keys 1-5 do not work.

From this experiment I deduce that the PS2 electronics in the engine are fine and the M10000 sound file does  not implement engine sounds 1-5. 

Anyone come across this before?

Nick

OK Nick, I played with my RK M10000 set and here is what I found. There IS a coupler slack sound (SCS). I doubt a real articulated train set would have this sound. Engine sounds SO1 through 5 are blank.  These can be deleted if you like. 6 through 10 do have sounds. The set does have all idle sounds (SI). On the 'more' drop down menu forward and reverse horn sounds are repeated twice. On my remote this is 4 and 5, and also 9 and 10.

Hope this confirms what you have. 

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.