Skip to main content

Just purchased this unit and I have a couple questions.  There isn't an exploded diagram on Atlas website as yet so I have no reference, and nothing is mentioned in the instructions.  Wondering how to open the engine to install a battery.  Does cruise have to be off for momentum to work.  The engine is stopping on the same spots while running but sounds continue.  I use an MTH remote to run everything and use the quick start option.  When the engine stops I just need to reactivate that function and the train will continue on.  Could this be an antenna issue, dirt on engine or track.

Thanks

Last edited by Charly
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Charly posted:

When the engine stops I just need to reactivate that function and the train will continue on.  Could this be an antenna issue, dirt on engine or track.

That's classically a TMCC reception issue, so look at the antenna and try swapping the R2LC.  Obviously, cleaning the track isn't a bad idea, but it's fairly rare unless it's extreme that dirty track would do this.

Thank you for your response.  It did improve performance to clean the center of the switches.  (FasTrack)  My guess is that as a loco traverses the switch in the curved direction the roller does a "drift" action which causes more gunk to build up.  As this is a first Atlas 3 rail for me I have yet to determine how to take the shell off and Atlas hasn't put any info on their website.

Would installing a battery make any difference?

Last edited by Charly

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.