Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Only new items I saw were some route 66 structures. For people who claimed A few years ago that wbb would be dominant in the O gauge line, it seems to be a big disappointment. One would tend to think that a major player( Weaver Models) bowed out of the marketplace, wbb would have jumped in big time to fill the void with more ex K-line scale stuff. 

WBB can be found at  30-40% off MSRP at most dealers. There is a new diesel and the fabulous Pacific 4-6-2, which I own and love.  Martin H-  more and more operators are turning to conventional control for problem free, inexpensive  modeling.  I have Lionel conventional engines and 2 Railing steamers with just smoke and whistle.    I have 2 useless Proto 1 engines I paid $800 for.  Look at all the crying in the forum daily about  problems with the expensive MTH and Lionel engines/operating systems- no thanks!!  My 6 Williams engines (4-6-2, 4-6-0, 2-8-4, and diesels)  just run and run.  I don't need expensive headaches in an already expensive hobby.   WBB provides me with great running, inexpensive, RELIABLE products.  John A

't

It certainly seems like a lot of people complain.  I never "decreed" command engines aren't worthwhile.  I am trying to show my appreciation for the WBB line.  Maybe the reason the hobby is declining is $1000.00 engines and expensive control systems.  The average person can't afford it.    John A (average working man trying to have a hobby that doesn't break the bank).  

I like that Williams is staying slow and steady. Good for them stay solvent and let people make up their minds.

No body is pointing out the return of the Scale GG1, the new paint schemes for the 44 tonner or the new NW2 schemes. As things drop out and are replaced they come back with new features like sound. I like WBB and I think they are going down the right path. 

Charlienassau posted:

The Pacific is shown and as for the prices, these are msrp and we discount heavily so they are quite better than that.

Keep in mind that it is a veritable tradition here on the OGR forum to complain about prices every time a catalog comes out.  

We do it every time for Lionel and MTH and I woudln't want WBB to feel left out!

Silver Lake posted:

I like that Williams is staying slow and steady. Good for them stay solvent and let people make up their minds.

No body is pointing out the return of the Scale GG1, the new paint schemes for the 44 tonner or the new NW2 schemes. As things drop out and are replaced they come back with new features like sound. I like WBB and I think they are going down the right path. 

Oh I agree with you.  I own ten Williams or WBB engined and they're terrific.  I own MTH too.  The new catalog was disappointing to me because I don't care fore the 44-tonners and don't have room for the scale GG1s.  I want will have to be patient for F3s and GP-9s. Now about that beer...

They finally have all of the photos of actual O gauge or O Scale models for the GP38 and the GP30 diesels in this catalog.

I was hoping that they would bring out the former K-Line brand Evans Products covered coil car in new railroad schemes such as Detroit & Toledo ShoreLine,  Elgin, Joliet & Eastern, Grand Trunk Western, Gulf, Mobile & Ohio, Norfolk & Western, Norfolk Southern in black, Rock Island, ROCK, and other B&O and C&O graphic and color variations.

I need to get the dump car for the DM&IR.

Andrew

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.