Skip to main content

Who has a hobby related resolution?

Sure most of us need to lose a couple of pounds here or there, but what is your model railroading resolution?

Mine is to stop buying project engines and accessories....unless the deal is too good to pass up - no wait - that's how I got here in the first place.  No new projects until the existing projects are done.

Let's hear yours.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2021!

Last edited by JD2035RR
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I echo the projects, I have way too many going at once before wanting to pursue others.  I like the projects, but space becomes a challenge with multiple stagnant projects along with my recollection of how things go back together rotting as time goes on.  

Top three priorities for 2021 are:

-Do a major dust cleaning of all my engines and rolling stock before it gets too difficult to remove Especially with Covid, the house has been extra dusty.

- Complete the craftsman caboose kits I started in 2020.  Been on going for almost a year now. https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/...aftsman-caboose-kits

- Either fix (resolve) or move my ps2 5v Dreyfus Hudson that I upgraded to a 3 volt board.  To date, I have not been able to fix issues with the speed control when going down grades causing thrashing.  Going on three years now sitting apart in pieces and tired of seeing it on my desk.

Last edited by Hump Yard Mike

Okay, I’ll play.

1) Solder the components to bare constant current LED light PCB’s I purchased a few months ago.

2) Install the assembled boards and LED light strips into as many passenger cars as I can before spring.

3) Order a test batch of PCB’s after modifying the board to use JST XH connectors instead of screw connectors for the wires from the PCB output to the LED light strips.  I found a good deal on Amazon for thirty 2-pin male & female (with attached wires) connectors.

4) Replace the incandescent headlight bulb with a LED in my Polar Express Berkshire engine before Christmas 2021.

I posted the following in the “What’s Your COVID Project” thread, but figured it applies here as well.  Maybe the more times I say it, the more likely I am to actually do it!

Working from home for a good portion of the pandemic has given me ample time to make some big decisions as to where I'm headed with this hobby...now I need to execute the plan!

So my resolution is to sell off a good portion of my personal collection (modern "O", almost exclusively new-in-the-box items), while simultaneously continuing to sell a large "O" (mostly post-war & a little MPC-era) & HO collection that I purchased several years ago...a project I started back near the beginning of the pandemic, but then put on hold around May as "train season" winded down.

I'm hoping to post some of my personal items for sale here on the Forum soon--to give fellow members an opportunity first before listing them elsewhere...while the post-war stuff will continue to be listed on that Big auction site as I've had pretty good luck there.  Not sure what to do with the HO stuff...that will probably be last on my priority list.  Stay tuned...

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.