Skip to main content

Got mine today and put a test track down real quick to check the brightness. First vid in regular light, second with the drapes pulled shut and the room a bit darker. Initially, I wasn't too keen on the light bleed on the non-lit side of the car, but in the darker room, it does appear to backlight that panel a bit, which I kinda like…

Less than four months to Christmas btw!~)

redrockbill

Attachments

Videos (2)
IMG_9655
IMG_9656
@Csxcellent posted:

Not my thing. Would love to see a green/red regular Christmas boxcar. Also, would love some Christmas themed buildings (e.g. decorated house, snow topped buildings, Santa’s toy factory etc.)

I'm glad some folks like the dog car, but I don't want to have to explain to visitors (including grandkids) what Menard's is (nearest store is 500 miles away) or why Rudoph's nose is on a dog. Even trying to explain it to them, they're going to think it's weird. Some folks have their reasons to grove on it, though, which is fine for them. Something for everyone. Going to order the RR Crossing boxcar, though.

Last edited by breezinup
@breezinup posted:

I'm glad some folks like the dog car, but I don't want to have to explain to visitors (including grandkids) what Menard's is (nearest store is 500 miles away) or why Rudoph's nose is on a dog. Even trying to explain it to them, they're going to think it's weird. Some folks have their reasons to grove on it, though, which is great. There's something for everyone. Going to order the RR Crossing boxcar, though.

Last edited by Training Wheels

My Christmas boxcar arrived this week & while I haven't checked the LED operation, I see a couple troubling things:  1) The internal wiring is so taunt, it stresses on the trucks & keeps them rotating as widely as they should;  2) There are  no rubber grommets on the two holes thru which the wires pass thru the metal chassis.  So the wires chafe on the bare metal holes as they are constantly pulled side-to-side while the boxcar goes through curves;  3) the board inside was attached to the chassis via two almost invisible hot glue dots.  The stress on the wiring has pulled the board off.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.