Skip to main content

I am trying to wire up a 364 Lumber Loader.  The instructions I have show on the back of the 364 three posts, A, B, and C.  The instructions say A and C are connected to any pair of transformer terminals. (I'm using a ZW for powering my layout.).  It also says the post C and B are connected to A and B on the 364C Controller.  When I do this, the 364 does not do anything.  I find it confusing when the instructions say "connect A and C to any pair of transformer terminals".  Any information in solving my puzzle would be helpful. 

Thanks, 

George G. 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I find it confusing when the instructions say "connect A and C to any pair of transformer terminals".

Well it actually should read "connect A and C to any pair of transformer terminals furnishing between 12 and 16 volts"... otherwise, the instructions are correct if the unit is in good operating condition, except I would recommend using the A post as common ground as this accessory is used so close to the track.

A is common and because it is chassis ground on the 364, should go to "U" on a ZW

C is the lamp, and should connect to your accessory tap(anything but "U"). When you power up, the light should come on w/o the motor.

B is the motor and should be connected through the switch to C OR the same post as C, or if you want it powered from a different tap or voltage than the lamp then any other post other than "U" set as you desire.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.