Skip to main content

First, let me say a big THANK YOU to Atlas for announcing these 53' single unit well cars. So many of us modern modelers can't get enough of Atlas's intermodal equipment.

However, I did not see any 53' containers announced in the catalog. 40' yes, but will there be another announcement of 53' containers for these? Previous runs of 53 footers are totally sold out. And there are a lot of container names that haven't been made yet.

I for one would kill for JB Hunt and Swift containers.

- Jason

Last edited by jdstucks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A temporary solution is to contact DigiCom  Designs    www.digcomdesigns.net They sell paper designs for HO containers which you can print.  But they did reproduce some O scale containers for me.  They look pretty good on heavy stock paper.  I reinforced them with an internal support of poster board, and I use the 53 foot containers on top of 48 footers.  They have lots of options.

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_1426
  • IMG_1442
@martind posted:

A temporary solution is to contact DigiCom  Designs    www.digcomdesigns.net They sell paper designs for HO containers which you can print.  But they did reproduce some O scale containers for me.  They look pretty good on heavy stock paper.  I reinforced them with an internal support of poster board, and I use the 53 foot containers on top of 48 footers.  They have lots of options.

Certainly a good solution. But I'd rather hold out for the experts at Atlas to make my dream containers

- Jason

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.