Skip to main content

All of charge, NS is in the business of making money afterall.

What about good public relations or community service or donating services to a good cause like when 765 was touring all over the NS system many moons ago.   Didn't CSX help move C&O 1309 and Nashville steam 576 for free?  Sure NS is in business to make money but donating services helps with the PR, helps with their image with the public which in turn helps with the bottom line.

Last edited by superwarp1
@superwarp1 posted:

What about good public relations or community service or donating services to a good cause like when 765 was touring all over the NS system many moons ago.   Didn't CSX help move C&O 1309 and Nashville steam 576 for free?  Sure NS is in business to make money but donating services helps with the PR, helps with their image with the public which in turn helps with the bottom line.

I think that mentality has went out with prior management.

It doesn't matter if the move cost was billed or donated.

What matters is it was allowed.

Rusty

CORRECT!!!!   Plus, even after NS ended their 21st Century excursion "programs", their management always stated that the would not block NKP 765 nor N&W 611 from moving across their lines in order to operate at other venues. Just my opinion but, I believe the ferry moves are no charge to the organizations.

I would have figured about 5 figures or very close, just the way certain things cost. Considering that a locomotive is not a run of the mill everyday item. Sort of makes me think of those shows where they move things(houses, trucks, steam engines, or whatever) and they show you everything that goes into the planning and the inevitable hiccups. Granted the costs for those things can get really expensive depending on what exactly it is, but hopefully you see what I mean.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.