Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Honestly, in the east where the scenery and sight lines tend to be a lot closer in, 40 MPH really isn't all that bad if you actually want to see the world going by.  I can understand why in the expanse of the great west, 40 would seem like sitting still though. Now I DO admit that I would love to SEE 765 going past me at closer to the speed she was built for!

The FHRHS continues to show what an amazing, talented, and devoted group they are.  All of their knowledge and hard work that is involved in keeping a large, main-line steam locomotive in perfect condition is a huge accomplishment.  Additionally, all of the work that goes into meeting with the railroads and other groups to plan and execute the excursion is another huge accomplishment.

Rich, great to hear this!! Definitely going to see if I can fly home for this very worthy event. Will you guys be using the N&W water car or your own if it's finished yet? I know you guys were redoing the axles or something I believe from what I remember? Plus are you guys going to use the coal bunker extension as well?

MJV1988 posted:

Rich, great to hear this!! Definitely going to see if I can fly home for this very worthy event. Will you guys be using the N&W water car or your own if it's finished yet? I know you guys were redoing the axles or something I believe from what I remember? Plus are you guys going to use the coal bunker extension as well?

N&W A-Tank. Ours is not ready yet.

No need for the coal bunker extensions on these trips.

OGR Webmaster posted:

Get all the details HERE!

varsity-banner-web

OGR Webmaster posted:
Goshawk posted:

That poster is awesome! I love the art deco style train posters!!!

We may offer that poster available for sale.

It's a really cool  graphic, but perhaps the red logo could be downsized to obstruct less of the loco, to increase its appeal as a collectible poster. Show the entire loco outline ...

Sounds like a fabulous run for the folks who can be there!

So does this mean that if you come back to the NS on the east coast it will still be 40? I think 40 is a really nice speed. Here's 2 videos I got and she was running about 40. The top video I'd say 35 to 40, but the video at Route 167 east of Jefferson Ohio was 40. By chance Rich, ware they going to be running any trips this year on the NS through Northeast Ohio besides probably doing the CVSR trips in September?

IMG_3043

Almost five years ago exactly since my last 765 excursion ride.My Dad and I would go on Chicago area"Friends of the 261"trips every year starting about 10 years ago.The 261 has been MIA in the Chicago area for many years now.I am really looking forward to this trip.I am overdue for a local steam fan trip.No diesel engine included is awesome.  

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_3043

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.