Browsing Ebay, the other day, I came across a GG1. It appears that it is two rail and scale, of course. The starting price is $4899.00. But you can have it now for $6500.00 + $165.00 shipping.
PRR GG-1 Tuscan Red / Broad Stripe / Drop Coupler / #4907 75 of 100
Brand New Condition. New in Box, never removed. Absolutely stunning model.
The Pennsylvania GG-1 locomotive is the second of the Kohs series of class American locomotives of the 20th century. This type of drive incorporates 6 pairs (12 total) of Swiss made core-less motors positioned as the traction motors were in the original prototype, rather than the twin Pittman motors used in the standard version.
Of particular importance to this project is the body shell. Sun Jin Models has done an outstanding job of following the direction and information provided in preparing the tooling to press this one-piece brass body. Each and every contour/radius has been measured for accuracy. We have modeled all the most critical body features which because of the problems they have presented have never been modeled before, even in larger scales
- Dallee Electronics Digital Sound System
- One-piece brass body shell with no seams
- Cast Brass alloy Main Frames and Pilot Trucks
- Fully Equalized and Sprung Suspension
- Twin Custom Pittman Ball-Bearing Motors with RFI Rings
- Flywheels on both Motors
- 66 Ball-Bearing units used throughout the model
- Switch Selectable power from Rail or Overhead Wire
- Remote-Control Raising and Lowering Pantographs
- Ball-Bearing Equipped Drive Mechanism
- Real Glass Windows
- Constant-Voltage Directional Lighting
- Complete Cab Interior Detail
- Complete Under-Body Detail
- All Hatches, Compartments and Doors Open
- Main Side windows Open
- All appropriate road-numbers available
- Drop and Fixed Coupler Versions