I am cutting my teeth on my first PS2 conversion. I acquired a 5v PS2 board from a Rugged Rails F unit. I am installing it in a Williams scale GG1. I will not be using the electocouplers (I use Kadees). There is no smoke unit (I wasn't planning to use one anyway). I would like to use LEDs for the headlights and Classification Lights. I'm using the pinout diagram that GRJ posted a few years ago. So here are the questions:
1. I read somewhere that I need to put a resistor in place of the electocouplers (since I am not using them) to prevent burning out the board. If this is true, what size?
2. Can I just remove the smoke switch?
3. What voltage are the headlight and interior light circuits? They are DC, correct? I believe the purple PV wire is positive, correct? Resistor size for the LED?
4. It appears that the Marker Light pins are DC and already have a current limiting resistor. If not, what voltage do they provide?
5. Will a GG1 5v PS2 file allow control of all of these lights?