I have been working on several projects.
1) Last week I was trying to come up with a building to kitbash from Ameri-Towne pieces. This is going to be my Hooker Chemical plant. It is when you first come down the stairs to my layout. I wanted something tall enough to obscure the view so that you cannot see the entire length of the layout. I also built a hill next to it and along the backdrop. This is going to be populated with trees and brush and thickets. The building has the archways on the bottom which I plan to have some tanks beneath the building on the 3rd level. The side section of the building is going to extend down to the 2nd level and I am going to have piping, catwalks, etc all over the side of the plant. these will wrap around the corner of the building and extend down to the 2nd level, connecting to some vertical storage tanks and also some tank car filling racks. On the bottom wall section I am also going to take advantage of some of that unused space and add a overhead door for the curved track to pull into( green track sprayer is sitting in this space in the photo) and have some interior piping and lighting showing in there.
This is the kind of piping I have in mind. (This is from Industrial rail Don’s layout.)
The other project was I had this concrete base I made for another building that I wasn't going to build (changed plans ) and wanted to recycle it. So I took a Korber building and cut up walls and pieced back together, removing the doors, since of where this is going to be sitting. I decided to do brown brick as I am getting tired of reds and oranges and wanted to change things up. So here is a picture of the building painted sitting on top of the concrete base. I think I am going to hit it tomorrow the tone down the weathering chalks. It looks a bit too busy.
I also decided to use the same Krylon stone paint on the Iroquois Brewery warehouse and go over the previous concrete I did. I will use some chalks on this, but not as much as the Korber building base.
Here is the before pic of warehouse and after
Last item I worked on tonight is a slash burner to go next to the sawmill. This is going to be really cool. As I get further along I will post more photos.
I got the basic inner structure cut and glued together.