Skip to main content

NY Central flatcars with 1956 Pepsi tractor and trailer (2-pack) - Shop Now!

275-9049A275-9049D

Enjoy a blast from the past with this 1956 Pepsi® set! This bonus two pack includes a flatcar with tractor and flatcar with trailer, both highly detailed and decorated with vintage Menards® colors and logos. We made the tractor and trailer using all new tooling, exclusive to Menards®—these are really something special!

The tractor and trailer are both extremely versatile! Use them as-is on two separate flatcars, combine into one load, or remove them from their flatcars and use them around your layout. Both the tractor and trailer are true 1/48 scale models to fit perfectly with your other O scale vehicles. Hop on the nostalgia train and get your one-of-a-kind vintage Pepsi® set today!

In case you miss it, I've attached today's O gauge train email below.

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

So this is the second offering of these cars. The first was a Menards trailer/tractor. So has anyone bought one of the first offering and compared the trailer to Lionel and MTH's scale pup trailors? I know Menards states these are true 1/48 but I would like to know if they are comparable in size to the MTH and Lionel pups. Could very well be that Menards is true 1/48 and MTH and Lionel are not.   Who Knows.....If anyone has a first offering.....a few pics showing the Menards, MTH, Lionel side by side would be great.

@jini5 posted:

So this is the second offering of these cars. The first was a Menards trailer/tractor. So has anyone bought one of the first offering and compared the trailer to Lionel and MTH's scale pup trailors? I know Menards states these are true 1/48 but I would like to know if they are comparable in size to the MTH and Lionel pups. Could very well be that Menards is true 1/48 and MTH and Lionel are not.   Who Knows.....If anyone has a first offering.....a few pics sho"wing the Menards, MTH, Lionel side by side would be great.

Although the Menard's listing does not give the width of the trailer, it shows the flatcar at 2 1/8" wide and the picture of the flatcar from the rear of the trailer shows the trailer as very close to 2" or 8' wide. I would say that it is extremely close to scale as those trailers were just about 8' wide; most still are except newer ones at 8' 6".

@jini5 posted:

So this is the second offering of these cars. The first was a Menards trailer/tractor. So has anyone bought one of the first offering and compared the trailer to Lionel and MTH's scale pup trailors? I know Menards states these are true 1/48 but I would like to know if they are comparable in size to the MTH and Lionel pups. Could very well be that Menards is true 1/48 and MTH and Lionel are not.   Who Knows.....If anyone has a first offering.....a few pics showing the Menards, MTH, Lionel side by side would be great.

So I just picked up my Menards flat with trailer/cabs. As I suspected........someone is off on their 1/48 dimensions. It could very well be MTH and Lionel who is not 1/48. In the pics is a Lionel "scale" pup trailer compared to the Menards trailer. As you can see the Menards trailer is lower in height and just a little shorter in length. I  didnt photo them side by side as I likely will return the Menards offering and didnt want to break the seal on the packaging. I wish I could have had some pics before I ordered the Menards version. I was hoping to use the trailers mixed in with Lionel and MTH's versions for a consist. Not bashing Menards in any way. Just not what I was looking for. Again.......Could very well be Menards is correct  on the 1/48 dimensions.

Attachments

Images (3)
  • DSCF4814
  • DSCF4817
  • DSCF4818

I ordered the four pack of the four different flat cars with tractors and trailers on line yesterday and they shipped yesterday as I have a tracking number.  They must have already sold out on line.  Earlier last week when just the Pepsi flat car was announced I couldn't order the four pack on line just the single set of two flats. 

Neal Jeter

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.