Skip to main content

paul 2 posted:

PLAY TRAINS, so I take it with the will the estate will purchase one and I will not have to because I am your favorite brother and you will have it left to me LOL,..........Paul ( your best brother ) 

Paul I wouldn't jump the gun to fast! Remember Play Trains grew up playing with GOD, so he has been around a long TIME! At this rate he will out live the both of us and dad! LOL

RJR posted:

Of course, if it has electronics that have to be tested, maybe it's a whole new venture.  For example, an AT&SF Doodlebug.  In which case it would be both a beginning (new area of endeavor) and an end (Doodlebugs usually but not always didn't pull cars).

Thats why Im not buying the "its a caboose" reasoning...they've done cabooses before...

First off, thanks to everyone for your patience!  I've got good news and bad that I would like to pass along.

The good: Testing has been completed on our new release and everything looks great!

The bad: We only received a partial shipment and our inventory will not allow us to put this item for sale (yet). I was just informed that the remainder of our shipment is making it's way through Minnesota but we do expect to receive the balance of our new items early next week.

Until then, we will remain a bunch of train folks, waiting for a train car, full of train cars to arrive. Is that ironic?

Thanks again for your patience!
-Mark the Menards Train Guy

RJR posted:

Of course, if it has electronics that have to be tested, maybe it's a whole new venture.  For example, an AT&SF Doodlebug.  In which case it would be both a beginning (new area of endeavor) and an end (Doodlebugs usually but not always didn't pull cars).

Lets face it - we're all hoping it some sort of motive power thing...

I'm wondering if they would stop short of a full blast loco - and produce a simpler, powered car - like a gang car or fire car...a bump and go item maybe? Puts a toe in the motive power waters - while keeping it simple.

Menards posted:

First off, thanks to everyone for your patience!  I've got good news and bad that I would like to pass along.

The good: Testing has been completed on our new release and everything looks great!

The bad: We only received a partial shipment and our inventory will not allow us to put this item for sale (yet). I was just informed that the remainder of our shipment is making it's way through Minnesota but we do expect to receive the balance of our new items early next week.

Until then, we will remain a bunch of train folks, waiting for a train car, full of train cars to arrive. Is that ironic?

Mark says "waiting for a train car, full of train cars to arrive?" This could be a hint, also no mention of a building but "train cars".

I'm stacked up on Menards buildings anyway until I can do a town redevelopment on my layout. Got the fire station in a Menards surprise package and no place to go yet.

Frank 

IMG_6606

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_6606
Menards posted:

So is the product in a container on a stack car on the BNSF?

Let's remember that this Menard's delay means the trains are in this country and ready to ship to the store or your home as soon as announced. Unlike the delay from others where one places an order and then waits six months, a year, two years, or longer before the train ever arrive -- in this case we're waiting on a delayed announcement of a train which we will have in hand less than a week later.

We also have no fear of the cancellation notice either, where after waiting months / years, no train at all. While I still buy a fair amount from the L, M, & A companies, their business model is so far away from any modern method that I can not imagine anyone under 40 ever putting up with it. New iPhone gets announced and is on my doorstep within 30 days, not six months to a year later.

Huge difference here fellas, huge!

CincinnatiWestern posted:

Let's remember that this Menard's delay means the trains are in this country and ready to ship to the store or your home as soon as announced. Unlike the delay from others where one places an order and then waits six months, a year, two years, or longer before the train ever arrive -- in this case we're waiting on a delayed announcement of a train which we will have in hand less than a week later.

We also have no fear of the cancellation notice either, where after waiting months / years, no train at all. While I still buy a fair amount from the L, M, & A companies, their business model is so far away from any modern method that I can not imagine anyone under 40 ever putting up with it. New iPhone gets announced and is on my doorstep within 30 days, not six months to a year later.

Huge difference here fellas, huge!

I'm not sure any of these comparisons are even valid. 

MTH, Lionel, and the other typical train importers / companies are relatively small compared to Apple and Menards.  Menards does not rely on train sales to keep in business.  If they make a dud that doesn't sell well it does little to their bottom line.  Fortunately they are very good at determining what will sell.  They are also not making locomotives.  Apple not even worth trying to compare that to a small company like MTH or Lionel.

Last edited by MartyE

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.