Skip to main content

play trains posted:

Mike, you and Paul are giving me ideas  ( scary, considering the source ). How about a large building similar to the Pepsi building as a Santa Fe freight transfer station where I could backup to the docks with my 2,000 Santa Fe box trucks! I like it! LOL

Play, you know all this started from dad AKA Cabint Bob. He does stuff all the time like that! Which makes the rest of us ask why didn't I think of that?

mike g. posted:

Hey there Nick, I think its on there radar! I just don't know if they can get an agreement with any of the brewery's or they don't want to spend a lot of money trying! But either way I am thinking I could get another American Power and light building and just change the signage! 

I don't think the big guys from say bud, coors, bush would come after a little guy like me. Hell I don't have anything they would want! LOL

Mike I really don't like the buildings that Menards has been offering of late so I'm just going to bash two MTH granaries together and make one long building with rail docks on one side and truck docks on the other.  On the roof I'll put an animated Natty Boh sign.

graineryboh

Attachments

Images (2)
  • grainery
  • boh
jim sutter posted:

WILD MARY,

When you finish building your Brewery from two MTH Granaries, please be sure to post pictures of your finished product. I'm sure everyone would love to see it.

Jim that's one of many projects on my plate.  I hope to get to it sometime in October.  My 2 custom run Atlas Natty Boh reefers have been waiting too long for a home.  I'm looking forward to this and posting some pics.

baltimoretrainworks posted:

Wild Mary, don't forget the corrugated tunnel that connected the brewery to its warehouse, it ran along O'Donnel Street. tunnel1tunnel2

Most of it's gone now but it was pretty impressive in its day.

Jerry

Jerry my first job out of high school in 1962 was at the Natty Boh Brewery.  Worked there for 2 yrs before I went into the Army.  I remember the tunnel well.

Jim R. posted:

I like the brewery idea, too, but I just sense there is a reason we haven't seen it that will be hard to overcome. 

I thought it might be about image, but I hadn't given any thought to the licensing cost. Menards has traditionally been pretty thrifty. Could be a factor. 

Menards doesn't sell alcohol, by the way. That is, other than the denatured variety. 

Jim I thought about those thing also.  They shouldn't incur any licensing cost if it was their own brewery just like their pickle plant.  It should easy to use their existing feed and seed building and just change the signage to "Menards Micro Brewery".  I think the building would make a very nice small town brewery.

weed

Attachments

Images (1)
  • weed
Last edited by wild mary
wild mary posted:
Jim R. posted:

I like the brewery idea, too, but I just sense there is a reason we haven't seen it that will be hard to overcome. 

I thought it might be about image, but I hadn't given any thought to the licensing cost. Menards has traditionally been pretty thrifty. Could be a factor. 

Menards doesn't sell alcohol, by the way. That is, other than the denatured variety. 

Jim I thought about those thing also.  They shouldn't incur any licensing cost if it was their own brewery just like their pickle plant.  It should easy to use their existing feed and seed building and just change the signage to "Menards Micro Brewery".  I think the building would make a very nice small town brewery.

weed

WM,

I converted the Menards Sauerkraut Factory and it is now on my layout as the Dark Horse Brewing Company, a local brewery in my small hometown. Works for me! 

IMG_3229

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_3229
Last edited by UKE KAT
PDDMI posted:
wild mary posted:
Jim R. posted:

weed

WM,

I converted the Menards Sauerkraut Factory and it is now on my layout as the Dark Horse Brewing Company, a local brewery in my small hometown. Works for me! 

IMG_3229

Paul that looks really good.  I wish Menards would make more buildings for this era.

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Inspection of the new item is taking a little longer than expected, thanks for bearing with me. Anytime there are electrical components involved (hint, hint) , we want to make sure everything is top notch before we make the release.

I'm hoping we can still make the release today, but I will keep everyone updated.

Again, sorry for the delay!
-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.