Skip to main content

Beings I will be waiting for the new car or whatever to be announced I recieved a pkg. today from Menards trains. 

Two of the new nose art cars and as a free bonus the two free cars with the travel buses which look better in person then they do in photos. The approx. 11" flat car also looks good. 

Dave

I driver for an LTL company, move a lot of pallets. It's all too uncommon to see shipments getting split up. With LTL the more time it gets touched on a dock the more likely damage or pallets getting lost is likely. 

I can really understand the delay. No trains on my truck today though. Just shock absorbers, air filters, electrical panels and fiberglass molds

keep up the great work menards!

Menards posted:
JD2035RR posted:

Mark, 

Could we get another hint while we wait?  You're the best, thanks!

JD

Let's see here.

We know it's something to do with Santa Fe and it has electronic components.

That may be the end of my hints.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

As I heard in San Francisco many times, when I was there... the end is near.. LOL..

scale rail posted:

David, reform school does not count as college. LOL

Don

Some reform schools better prepare their students for the real world than do colleges, by offering training in real-world skills like TIG welding or modern auto repair ... skills with which to earn a living.  Something a little higher up the reality ladder than "Homeless Social Skills 101".

Last edited by Kerrigan
Kerrigan posted:
scale rail posted:

David, reform school does not count as college. LOL

Don

Some reform schools better prepare their students for the real world than do colleges, by offering training in real-world skills like TIG welding or modern auto repair ... skills with which to earn a living.  Something a little higher up the reality ladder than "Homeless Social Skills 101".

Agree.  I am a highly educated liberal academic, and retired dean of high school technical education.  Had high school plumbers and carpenters coming to me with tax problems, because they were making so much money.  They could have later done "African Studies" at Harvard, or worse, "Psychology, the new Religion."  Anyway, they were doing alright for themselves.  At least, they never had to complain that no one would hire them, despite their college degree. 

I remember a well known education author commenting in one of the journals, "I'm only half educated.  I still can't fix my own faucets."

Just saying...and seriously, still hoping for that Santa Fe caboose.

Jerry

paul 2 posted:

Today is Sunday and tomorrow is Monday which means the announcement will be made as to what has kept us on the edge of our seats so long. Actually I had been on the edge so long I fell off. Picked myself up, brushed myself off and sat back down again. Hurry Monday......................Paul

I thought all the releases were normally on Tuesday! So I think you will have to wait one more day if not more Paul! Sorry Brother but the truth sometimes hurts!

Hey Guys,

I thought I’d bring you up to speed with the ongoing saga of our “8/1” O gauge release.

The container came into port at Prince Rupert (British Columbia) last week where it was promptly loaded onto a rail car. Unfortunately, the load had to be placed onto a second rail car because the original car had mechanical issues.

After leaving the port, the load has taken multiple train services and ended up going south through Winnipeg, which is good because the load was heading in the right direction...up until this point at least! However, to make things a little more interesting, the train which was supposed to make it's delivery in Stevens Point (Wisconsin), continued onto Chicago (for whatever reason).

Once the load arrived in Chicago late last week, it was sent back to Eau Claire the following morning.

All this drama provides us with an interesting glimpse into the workings of the real life railroad. We think we are on the home stretch here, so keep an eye out for the announcement within the next couple of days.

Thanks!
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.