Skip to main content

Finally finished the track work and wiring on the last 16 foot expansion,  and cleaned off all the construction materials and tools so figured it was a good time to shoot a couple of short progress videos.   Right now what's built and running is 23 x 32 feet, L shaped, upper and lower levels.    It's built and wired in modules that can be disassembled and moved, good thing as I am getting way too old to start from scratch....

Still have some work to do on my videography skills, but it's getting there.  

Here are the links to the 3 Youtube videos shot today

https://youtu.be/aOiXvGNufxs

https://youtu.be/e8gAHDWhG-k

https://youtu.be/KXmTuiqaL5Y

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Paul and Brian,   thanks very much for the kind words.   Hoping to be able to get released to go back to restoring historic windows March 1st.... We'll see.  Just passed the 6 month mark since surgery, now it's all about building up the weak muscles and surgically repaired tendons.   It's working, but it's definitely a "no pain, no gain" scenario......   I need to move a bunch of "stuff" before I can start the last 9 x 16 foot section.   Hopefully with some discipline, I can start moving and storing stuff under the table now that all the wiring is completed, labeled and functioning correctly.    

hello again Chris, your layout is looking GREAT !!      I ran across this black

and white photo that really reminded me of your layout, and how much

more realistic it's becoming the more you accomplish on it,  awesome !!

Couldn't resist adding some b&w pictures of it, hope you like them...

Attachments

Images (4)
  • mceclip1
  • mceclip2
  • mceclip4
  • mceclip5
Last edited by briansilvermustang

Hey Brian,  Thanks very much.   I like the comparison!.....   While this layout is fairly large, it's no where near large enough to actually model any actual prototypical spot....  So it's very cool to see your post and B/W photos above,  makes me feel like I am not too far off modeling a feasible realistic "setting"...   

Joe,   thanks very much for the positive feedback.    

Last edited by chris a

Gerry,   No Problem....  I attached an MS Word Doc with the colors and steps I used to weather the walls. 

It's the Second formula in the document, the 1st is what I did for Aging Concrete retaining walls.  Figured out last year, if I didn't start writing this stuff down, I would forget all the steps and colors and not be able to repeat it in the future.   Some more photos of the walls attached.   I started with a medium or light gray automotive flat primer, didn't photograph that step, but the photos should help you see the process evolve.   

DSC02989DSC02990DSC02992DSC02994DSC02993DSC02997DSC03004

Attachments

Mike and Mark:   thanks for the kind words.   Mark,  I did the video mostly to provide the "overview perspective".   While the close up photos are nice, it's tough to figure out what the overall layout design is all about.    So I am glad it accomplished that to some degree.   

I am also finding this to be a good "tool" to use to critique the design as I am moving along.   The videos definitely provide a different perspective, than when you're down there working on the layout, and sometimes loosing site of the trees, through the forest.  

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.