Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This is what i am trying do with my Lionel FasTrack Grade Crossing w/ Flashers If you would like your trains to activate the accessory earlier or to prolong the operation of the accessory, you may choose to purchase Insulated Track sections (6-12027). Be sure that the Insulated Track sections are next to the grade crossing and between the Isolated Track sections (included). i don't understand this part

Originally Posted by flemming:

This is what i am trying do with my Lionel FasTrack Grade Crossing w/ Flashers If you would like your trains to activate the accessory earlier or to prolong the operation of the accessory, you may choose to purchase Insulated Track sections (6-12027). Be sure that the Insulated Track sections are next to the grade crossing and between the Isolated Track sections (included). i don't understand this part

Go SF GIANTS

The isolated sections have breaks in the outside rails.  These have to be located on both sides of the signal.

Just extending the "trigger zone" for the accessory would only entail adding extra 6-12027 sections between the isolated/split rail half sections.  You can make your own as N.O.D.Y. describes - remove the metal tie bar(s) connecting the outside rails together from under the standard straight(or even curve) sections as desired.

Hi Fleming,

What that means is that if you want to extend the distance at which your crossing will activate, then you need to add 'insulated' track sections between the crossing and the two isolating sections that came with the crossing.  So you would have the first isolated section, one or more insulated sections, the crossing itself, one or more insulated sections, and then the second isolated section. 

Edit:  Oops. I type too slowly. Rob has already explained this while I was typing. 

The Track Planning and Layout Design Forum is sponsored by

AN OGR FORUM CHARTER SPONSOR

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.