Skip to main content

N&W 1218 & 611 Side By Side

I was surfing for a new desktop wallpaper, and found this great photo. Wouldn't it be fantastic to see this scene again? I hope so. You can download this photo by clicking on its icon below. When the picture is open, click on it and do a "SAVE IMAGE AS" command to your desktop.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • N&W 1218 & 611 Side By Side
Last edited by Bobby Ogage
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by CWEX:

The Fireup611 group has stated they are planning to build a 2 track building, similar to a N&W lubritorium.  Long enough for the "A"...? Don't know.  The 611 is just shy of 110 feet while the 1218 is just shy of 122 feet so what's 12 feet amongst friends...

Just my opinion but, I don't think that "length" will be the issue. How did will the building be? If only 2-tracks wide, that will workout very nice for JUST maintaining/working on 611 with space for visitors to CAREFULLY look-on. Now, it it will be only 2-tracks wide AND is to ALSO house a 1218, THAT would be a whole different "working around" situation.

The Oregon Rail Heritage building is only 2-tracks wide, but there LOTS of room between each track, plus more/extra room on the west side for the machine tools, which allows for full visitor access, even when guys are working on ANY of the three steam locomotives. Thus width is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.