Skip to main content

Hi Folks,

In the newest addition to my fleet, I have acquired the Burlington Northern SD45s offered in 2021 Vol II. In the catalog it states one of the features of this version as having

• Bi-color class/marker lights - Using a Legacy controller, change the color of the classification lights between white or green

I have recently downloaded the latest versions of legacy and the most recent cab 1 and base updates, and pressed all of my buttons to no avail. I am waiving the white flag here, is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance, everyone.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Joe,

From your listing of the description in the catalog it appears that it requires "Using a Legacy controller ..."

The Cab-1/Base-1 pair is not a Legacy controller.  It's a TMCC controller, and although forward compatible for some functions, it's not totally forward compatible.  Because of this you'll probably need a Cab-2/Base-2, although a Cab-1L/Base-1L pair may also work.

If you've downloaded the latest version(s) of Legacy then perhaps you actually already have a Cab-2/Base-2 instead of a Cab-1/Base-1?

Mike

Last edited by Mellow Hudson Mike

I’m afraid that this is a case of a Lionel catalog misprint. The actual manual for this series of models contains no reference to bi-color green/white classification lights, which I have only seen on Legacy steamers. The online catalog description is inaccurate in containing three references to steam engine features, including there being a wireless tether between the engine and the tender and two other references to there being a tender! In the catalog these come right before the reference to classification lights you mention above. Unfortunately somebody didn’t edit the text correctly to reflect that this is a Legacy diesel; it’s happened with Lionel catalogs before.

Again, the 2021 v.2 catalog - and even the relevant manual - might be wrong but in the print version of that catalog there’s no reference to bi-color lights in the Legacy diesels described in it; the feature only applies to steamers. I notice that the manual does not contain any reference to using the AUX2 key to toggle between light settings. Of course, in the case of the OP’s model, the only way to know if there’s such an option is to try it!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.