Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, I'm pretty darn glad there isn't a whole lot to look at. As I thought, hardly any New York Central Engines, and none of them steam. They can keep the diesels, very happy about that. I think I will be in for one the Pennsylvania L1 Mikado's, probably with the red on the tender, not sure which one(hard to get a good look on the phone), Strasburg 89, the 2000's scheme, and most likely one of the different Pullman coaches along with the Strasburg caboose. This is good for me as I'm not ordering hardly anything. 😁

I decided on Greenbrier #613 with the elephant ears, I am a sucker for smoke deflectors. I also ordered the C&O passenger car packs A and C. This will be my first big ticket purchase since getting back in the hobby. My layouts outer loop is O-72 and I seem to generally want to model the C&O. The #612 fantasy scheme is a bit too far out there even for myself who loves fantasy stuff like that, but seeing it in a railroad you love, just hits different. Im interested if anyone here thinks the #612 would be something that they might purchase?

The stars of Volume 2 for me are definitely the L-1s Mikado and the Moguls - both are moderately priced and packed with all the modern goodies inside.

The Mikado especially, being priced significantly lower than the ex-K-Line USRA tooling models.

Definitely getting one of the Pennsy models and the modern Strasburg 89 Mogul.

But that Billups Crossing Signal is so macabre and out there, I love it.

Great Question MartyE, this is a really exciting time for Lionel enthusiast, a brass hybrid Challenger, the new L1’s Pennsylvania steamers, the re-introduction of the Heritage series SD70’s, and much more. My sights are for the MKT SD70, and some good rolling stock. If I were newer to the hobby, I would get the brass hybrid challenger. I’m still reviewing this beautiful catalog. Thank you Lionel. Happy Railroading Everyone

As of now, I probably will not be pre-ordering anything. But if I do, I might order one item which would either be the Cotton Belt or Frisco Hobo Boxcar. I like the early challengers and the SP Mogul but with the 3rd Rail brass ones out there, I'm more inclined to getting the 3rd Rail models. So we shall see what happens. But anyway this catalog is surprisingly decent for being a volume 2 catalog.

Last edited by TRAINMANTIM

Nothing this time mainly because there are very few items I am looking for.  I was surprised to see the hybrid because I thought Lionel would just release more ex-MTH and call it new, instead of actually doing new tooling.  Those that were looking for MTH with Legacy should be happy with this catalog.

I did initially think the H15-44 was new tooling, but it looks like it is just the H16-44 tooling with a new name on the box.  Kind of like Lionel's PRR H10.

Maybe next year.

Last edited by CAPPilot
@BradFish1 posted:

Are the Mikados the old K-Line tooling?

To add to what Tim stated. The K Line Mikados are the USRA design. The L1 Mikado is Pennsy specific as indicated by the bel paire firebox.

Getting back on topic. I think I'm in for one of those Mike's. 1627 with the doghouse tender and red oxide roof.

Hopefully Lionel can get a handle on the reds and avoid a silver smokebox.

Last edited by RickO

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.