Skip to main content

For those in the NYC area to points south of Springfield,  the show organizers will be running shuttle buses from Union station to the show.  There’s eight trains a day from New Heaven to Springfield and back on Ctrail and a train every half hour plus Amtrak trains from NYC to New Heaven.  What better way to enjoy a train show than ride the train to get there. 

shuttle bus info

Last edited by superwarp1

Eddie G,

Back on page 2 of these posts you said-

"Gary, Charles Ro. Atlas, Grzyboski, Zstuff, kadee, Lionel, Ross  & others on your list don't bring any pre or postwar to Springfield. 1900-1969"

Charles Ro's tables are my first stop, he has a bunch of Postwar! No mint or like new stuff but lots of operator quality or fixer uppers. Stop by his section and see for yourself.

Lionel6457

LIONEL6457 posted:

Eddie G,

Back on page 2 of these posts you said-

"Gary, Charles Ro. Atlas, Grzyboski, Zstuff, kadee, Lionel, Ross  & others on your list don't bring any pre or postwar to Springfield. 1900-1969"

Charles Ro's tables are my first stop, he has a bunch of Postwar! No mint or like new stuff but lots of operator quality or fixer uppers. Stop by his section and see for yourself.

Lionel6457

Yeah I don't get why Eddie doesn't see what I see and I'm not looking for the stuff.  Plenty of post war stuff in the same building Ross switches is in. 

Hey Eddie, at this point don't you have everything Lionel ever made by now?  1946-1969

prrhorseshoecurve posted:
SJC posted:

I'm planning on making the trek from Washington DC for this show, first time. The "cover story" is that I'm visiting my sister in Boston! LOL!

IF you do, when You get to the NJ, Get off of I95! Take I280 to the NYS Thruway East. Cross the Hudson River at the Tappan Z.  Stay right to the Saw Mill River Parkway North [WATCH out for the Three Lights]. Mege Onto 684 N then take 84 East to Hartford, CT and finally to I91 North. 

Your GPS Will direct you to I 95 all the way up and most of that way will be nasty truck traffic, Numerous and expensive tolls, and mostly traffic jams.

Thanks for the heads up ‘Curve. I will try that route. This will be my first time at the Big E. Only I won’t take the Tappen Zee Bridge since it is currently at the bottom of the river. I think the Mario Cuomo will be a better bet!😁

Gerry posted:
superwarp1 posted:

http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/

List of exhibitors

no Mr. Muffins this year.  Guess one and done, not worth the travel

Too bad. Chatted with him and Mrs Muffin for the first time at the show last year. Really, really nice people. That is along way to travel however. Our loss.

I had to question Mr Muffins decisions on this show.  Last year I told him it would be best if he brought rolling stock,  Something in New England would of been best.  Instead he brought nothing but engines.  In a show like this with dads with young kids who's going to walk out with a 1500.00 engine????   I'm guessing not many as he's not coming back.  On top of that, CharlesRO had many of the same engines and was blowing them out for 100 bucks less, both vendors in the same building.  Ohwell, I hope he comes back some day.  Him and his wife are the greatest.

Last edited by superwarp1
Arnold D. Cribari posted:

One more thing: it would be great for those Forum members like me attending on Sunday, January 27th, if there was a Forum get-together that day sometime after 2 PM, maybe for Pizza. Is that a possibility?

Arnold

I second Arnold's suggestion that there be an OGR Forum picture (or pizza dinner after the show) on Saturday and Sunday. Eddie G has called for 1 PM Saturday at Charles Ro's. How about 2 PM Sunday also at Charles Ro's. Would like to hear some thoughts on dinner at Red Rose Pizzeria in Springfield - either or both days.

MELGAR

been there. although it was ten years ago. good crowds, lots to see. I was so overwhelmed that after two and

a half buildings I had enough, but was well satisfied. Contemplating a return trip this year. If you attend, you will

NOT be disappointed. Be patient, as the last time I was there, the crowd was so heavy that in several cases we had to wait

to get into one particular building as the crowd moving in and out was slow. AND if there was a particular table I wanted to stop

at I had to wait as others look on, but the wait was well worth it.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.