Complete stripping of everything down to the frame for overhaul, including the tender and trucks in prepping for Kadee install.
The gearbox was opened and all that gunk was cleaned out with toothpicks, Q-tips, and finally brake cleaner. Then the transmission was shimmed to remove any play, and a new 21st century electronics package was installed:
- ERR Cruise Commander
- GRJ's Chuff Generator (totally worth it!)
- GRJ's Super Chuffer (worth even more!)
- LED headlight (with Bondic for a cast-in lens)
- Twin 4 Ohm high-definition speakers (in series)
- Neodymium 4 Ohm laptop speaker, with enclosure under the ERR board and Super Chuffer boards, aiming down and towards the steam chest, on top of the gear box.
- Tang Band full range 1" subwoofer and 2"x5" enclosure in tender, facing down through the original grille.
- TAS Smoke generator, with intake hole opened from 3/8" to 5/8"
Installation of the scale pilot truck and modification of the trailing truck, positioning of the tether in the coal stoker pipe location, Kadee install...
...and some cool stuff that you'll never see coming...
GunRunnerJohn, again... thanks so much for your install help and timely advice! You are one of the best reference sources this hobby has.