Skip to main content

I was lashing up my proto 3 locomotives while running 6.0. The lash ups would never stay in sync. I tried different fixes to no avail.

while at York I had my TIU and handheld upgraded to 6.10 but not confident this would solve the problem. But after talking to Jason and Barry B. I had confidence this would fix the problem. 

They were right, it did fix most of the problems, the engines stay in sync and they run as they should. The only other problems are the smoke comes on at every start up and the ditch lights don't come on when started up. Not a big deal because with a press of a few buttons they both can be fixed easily. 

Im just happy now traction tires are not flying off all over the place. 

Dave

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

John H posted:

Try the soft key save button

John,

Where is it? How does that work? We have a few lash ups that misbehave and become unsynchronized so we just give them a "time out" on the shelf before placing them back on the tracks. Most times they then start up and run in sync. Of course normally happens when first time guests are over

BobbyD posted:
John H posted:

Try the soft key save button

John,

Where is it? How does that work? We have a few lash ups that misbehave and become unsynchronized so we just give them a "time out" on the shelf before placing them back on the tracks. Most times they then start up and run in sync. Of course normally happens when first time guests are over

FSV

If direction is what you're describing, it was supposed to be cured in 6.1 I'm now reading?

Last edited by Engineer-Joe
david1 posted:

When I used the soft key it did stop the smoke units from turning on at start up. The ditch lights did have to be turned on at every start. 

Dave

Thanks David..my ditch lights,smoke and individual settings maintain as they should (several 5 eng mu's) but i am still 4.2 non wifi..Seems like 6.1 and subsequent will be solving these issues..really looking forward to the stability i enjoy now

willygee posted:
david1 posted:

When I used the soft key it did stop the smoke units from turning on at start up. The ditch lights did have to be turned on at every start. 

Dave

Thanks David..my ditch lights,smoke and individual settings maintain as they should (several 5 eng mu's) but i am still 4.2 non wifi..Seems like 6.1 and subsequent will be solving these issues..really looking forward to the stability i enjoy now

I am also non-wifi and I will most likely stay that way. 6.1 is just the beginning IMO in solving the lash up problems. So far I am happy. 

Dave

david1 posted:

Joe,

6.10 did solve the lash up problem. No problem here anymore.

Dave

willygee posted:
david1 posted:

Dave

Thanks!

I ran outside today with 2 older G scale PS2 engines in a consist. They were already built in a previous version, yet I kept getting lash-up member not found. I had already ran both engines separately. I deleted the consist and rebuilt it. I then ran it and it seemed like the responses were fast and clean.

I always struggle when the outside layout is mothballed for the winter months. After upgrading everything to 6.1, I think I'll be re-building all my lash-ups again. I don't mind if they'll work better. Unfortunately I had a bunch of things go wrong downstairs with O scale after upgrading so I don't have a grip on the bugs yet. I have seen some issues. I'm struggling with an old phone being out of date with software on my WIFI.

My all PS3 consist did run very well afterwards. I reported my large mixed PS2 & 3 consist issues already.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.