Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by david1:

Remind me in September when the weather starts to cool. God I hate the summer, just too Darn hot. I'm ready for the first snow. 

Man you'd never make it north Florida...91 degrees feels cool right now and I got to take a walk at lunchtime. Dog days of August are about to begin. I get a break staying inside to work (play) on trains. 

Got the badge a day or so ago......have the hotel at Shrewsbury............the side story for my wife and boss (attendance is MANDATORY or the TCA scrambles the engine codes on my TMCC engines)..........car will be gassed up.......cut in line ahead of Farmer Bill at the scrapple line.........confuse Tuesdays at Thursdays.........

yup

Originally Posted by cbojanower:

I got my badge last week, and an IOU for my guest. I hope I don't have to wait in line with him.

I brought a guest once. I had to pick up his badge, they wouldn't mail it. Didn't have to wait on line just went to a table outside the silver hall to get it. Took about 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by trainman713:
Originally Posted by Brewman1973:

OK, so here I am in Tacoma, WA,  and I will be able to attend York for the first time in my life.  Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible!

Got my badge a few days ago...This will be my first York also!

Jeff Davis

Hi Jeff,  I am a bit behind you,  I sent in my application to join TCA last week, so I still need to order my badge.  I should have joined TCA years ago, but live and learn....

My TCA card came in the mail within one week of sending in my application, that's like 5000 miles round trip! The York application was sent on Monday, I also called the northeast division to make sure they had my name in their database. The staff was very helpful. There is about a 45 day lag between the databases getting updated.

Lastly, for Eddie, I got my hair cut. 

All the best

My badge arrived today.  Really fast turnaround from first the TCA to process my application for membership and then from the Northeast Division for processing my ticket request.  I put the request in the mail on monday last week here in Tacoma, and I got my badge today, just 8 days later, with yesterday a holiday.

I really appreciate the effort of both organizations.

One question for everyone,  what do you use to carry stuff around at the York show.  It looks like backpacks (large ones) are not allowed, so what's the best bag to use?    

Thanks,

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.