Skip to main content

I have a ZW transformer circa 1999 with the two powerhouse bricks. I also have a 990 Legacy Command System.  Is there a way to program or tell the Cab 2 Legacy remote to allow me to just run these old engines or do I have to add something like a tpc 300 unit, ect. to the power/controls?  I am new to setting up a layout and have looked at other posts on this subject.  Thanks.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yes, you program the ZW-C for whatever track starting number you want, most use 1, and then channels A, B, C, and D are now tracks 1,2,3, and 4. Startup your system and tracks 1 and 4 will always start at 0 voltage and you ramp up voltage to control your transformer track voltage through the Legacy remote to run your trains.

Okay, here is the text from the owners manual:

T

o control your ZW Controller transformer by remote control, each pair of output terminals

must have a unique track (TR) ID#. The four terminal pairs have been assigned track (TR)

ID#s 1-4 respectively. The ID#s are automatically assigned in sequential order when you assign

the “A-U” pair. For example, if you program “A-U” as ID# 2, “B-U” will become ID# 3; “C-U”

will become ID# 4; and “D-U” will become ID# 5.

To assign the output ID#’s, use the special T-shaped tool (included) or any other nonmetallic

tool to press the PROGRAM button on the back of the ZW Controller. Refer to Figure 7

for the location of this button. The red light will begin to flash. On the CAB-1 Remote

Controller, press

TR, enter the first ID# (1-6), and press SET. At this point, all four ID#’s have

been assigned.

I would recommend that you download the manual from Lionel if you do not have it here is the link:

http://www.lionel.com/media/se...ents/72-2982-250.pdf

What you are looking for can be found on pages 9-11.

I hope this helps. I have run my layout for years with the set up and only changed recently when I bought a ZW-L.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.