Recently got the set, and it is absolutely gorgeous! The cars come individually wrapped - it took about an hour, I think, to unpack each one individually. Thought there might have been a problem with my observation car, but had forgotten to look for switches on the bottom - been a while since I used a new set. I'm attaching a video of the train made with the iPhone headed by an MTH motor, and will see if I can get a better video (a bit out of focus) or some stills if anyone wants...

-pjl

Attachments

Videos (1)
IMG_0152
Original Post
Originally Posted by RootBeerRail:

Recently got the set, and it is absolutely gorgeous! The cars come individually wrapped - it took about an hour, I think, to unpack each one individually. Thought there might have been a problem with my observation car, but had forgotten to look for switches on the bottom - been a while since I used a new set. I'm attaching a video of the train made with the iPhone headed by an MTH motor, and will see if I can get a better video (a bit out of focus) or some stills if anyone wants...

Not trying to be knitpicker, the coffee shop, followed by kitchen, then dining car is correct placement of cars.   They separated the coaches in front and the parlor cars in the rear.  The coffee shop was for coach food service and the dining car was for Parlor car passengers.  The parlor with telephone antenna goes just before the observation.  I have an old web site saved to my computer that displays placement of cars both on Congo and the Senator.

 

You are right it is a beautiful train. 

 

mikeg

Originally Posted by PRRTrainguy:

Not trying to be knitpicker, the coffee shop, followed by kitchen, then dining car is correct placement of cars.   They separated the coaches in front and the parlor cars in the rear.  The coffee shop was for coach food service and the dining car was for Parlor car passengers.  The parlor with telephone antenna goes just before the observation.  I have an old web site saved to my computer that displays placement of cars both on Congo and the Senator.

 

You are right it is a beautiful train. 

 

mikeg

That is excellent information, and thanks. Way too many folks really don't know how to put a passenger consist together, and this sort of information helps a great deal. When the GGD Southern Pacific Daylight set came out, most folks really didn't know how the train set should be made up.

 

Thanks again!

Did you get yours from Public Delivery Track?.... She had a set at York.... my fear is that if I get these all my other passenger stuff will look 2nd rate.....

Our website is at www.mrmuffinstrains.com

 

Our Korber Models website is at www.korbermodels.com

 

To get the weekly newsletter from MrMuffin'sTrains with new arrivals; product photographs; product announcements; special sales and discount codes for our website - sign up here!

 

We have over 150 layout videos up on YouTube and they're available on our website. 

 

 

Originally Posted by MrMuffin'sTrains:

Did you get yours from Public Delivery Track?.... She had a set at York.... my fear is that if I get these all my other passenger stuff will look 2nd rate.....

I dont have the Congressional set, but do have a set of GGD cars. They make the other ones look like toys.

 

"Of course we know its O-gauge or no gauge." -- Sheldon Cooper

Post
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com
×
×
×
×
×