LCCA Office Location: P.O. Box 529, Peru, Illinois 61354
The Lionel Collectors Club of America's Board of Directors, officers and appointed officials all want to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving Weekend. We have a lot to be thankful for during this time of the year. If you are traveling, please be safe. As we approach the end of the year holiday season, please enjoy your Lionel trains. This is the peak season for us hobbyist, so make certain you include your Lionel trains during this upcoming festive holiday season. We are having several LCCA special Events in various cities all around the country before the end of the year.
We have a big two day train show scheduled for this weekend November 28-29 in Crown Point Indiana. December 5 is a very busy and exiting day for the LCCA. December 5 is “National Lionel Train Day”. LCCA members Bryan Yerke will be representing the LCCA at Lionel’s Headquarters in Concord NC on Dec 5. The LCCA will also be hosting Lionel Train filled events in cities all around the country. Former TLR Editor Mike Mottler will be hosting a fun in event in Conway AR, Rich and Kathy Dissosway will be hosting an open house event at their home in Lewisville NC, while Bob Ver Hoef will be hosting a special Holiday Open House event in Leland IA. I will be at the San Francisco airport participating in United Airline's Fantasy of Flight event, where children with life threatening illness are taken on a plane flight headed to the north pole. LCCA member John Rinaldi and the Golden Gate Lionel Railroaders Club will have their modular layout set up at the airport terminal for all of the kids and parents to enjoy.
If you are in the neighborhood of Crown Point IN (just south of Chicago), be sure to stop by the Lake County fairgrounds and say hello to both the current LCCA President Al Kolis and the Immediate Past President Dennis DeVito. Both men will be there at the LCCA booth welcoming LCCA members and others who are attending the show. The 2015 Thanksgiving weekend show is again sold out, with the entire building full of vendors. Well over 1,000 visitors attended last year and more are expected this year. Be sure to attend this family friendly show and even sit on Santa’s lap. See more info on our special events page. We hope to see you there.
National Lionel Train Day
Plan to visit your participating local dealer or the Lionel Retail Store in Concord, N.C. for National Lionel Train Day on December 5, as we celebrate the creative joy Lionel Trains has brought you for 115 years and counting! http://www.lionel.com/articles...al-Lionel-Train-Day/
We hope you enjoy this upcoming holiday season by attending one of these great LCCA special events. Please be safe and have some fun!
- November 27-29, 2015 - LCCA Planes, Trains, and Santa! Virgina Beach, VA - Special Event
- November 28-29, 2015 - LCCA Host Thanksgiving Show Crown Point, IN - Special Event
- December 5, 2015 – LCCA Co-sponsored Special Event, Conway AR - Special Event
- December 5, 2015 - LCCA Celebrates National Lionel Train Day in Concord, NC - Special Event
- December 5, 2015 - LCCA Holiday Special Event in Leland, IA - Special Event
- December 5, 2015 - LCCA - United Airlines Fantasy Flight, San Francisco, CA - Special Event
- December 5, 2015 - LCCA Special Event in Lewisville, North Carolina - Special Event
- December 12, 2015 - LCCA Boston Metro Hi-Railers Club Layout Open House - Special Event
The successful B&M GP7 Diesel/Non-powered Diesel and matching Caboose sets have arrived and shipping of these sets has started. Cathy Rios has contacted members of the diesel’s arrival and most have been shipped. If yours has not arrived, please check with Cathy at re: final payment. LCCA is proud to offer this magnificent Lionel LionChief Plus set for its members and to ship in time for the Holidays.
- The Lionelville Die Cast Vehicles series are expected in the next few weeks and the supplier has committed to have them shipped before year end and should be in your homes by Christmas. These wonderful Lionelville stocking stuffers are still available and if ordered today will arrive in time for the holidays.
- The annual Christmas car is here ready for immediate shipment in time for Christmas and to celebrate the New Year – (Wow! Where did 2015 go?). It is most likely these Lionel US made cars will only last for sale for a few more weeks and will become a complete sellout. Don’t not miss out – instead order now and get your car by mid December. The LCCA requested US made cars for this project to both support the Flag and to offer the much nicer US printing process giving us a more detailed car. Order one today. LCCA Web Store.
- The LCCA will continue to order the B&M caboose as a separate sale item and it can be ordered today. Once all of the B&M LionChief Plus GP& diesels have shipped, the few remaining will be offered to members. Stay tuned for more info.
- Looking forward – the 2016 convention car and the 2016 convention on-site cars will both be intermodal well cars with containers. Needless to say, they will offer the uniqueness expected of LCCA product. These cars will be announced in upcoming weeks.
- For members attending the LCCA 46th annual convention in July, 2016, the registration gift will be another motorized unit, this time the colorful KCS pick-up truck. This unit will look right at home as either a running piece or set on a stationary siding or street railroad track ready to get those Gandy Dancers to their next assignment.
- Check out our last ‘Interchange Track’ issue for great deals on some of the product you may have missed and also our web store for last minute Holiday Specials. A special note, many of the ready to run sets offered by the LCCA still have transformers. If a traditional set with a transformer is important to you, consider one from the LCCA. LCCA Web Store.
Friendly Membership Renewal Reminder
This is a friendly reminder to those of you whose LCCA membership expires by 12-1-15. If you do not renew your membership by 12-1-15 you will not be receiving the new set of free 2016 Lionel Catalogs. Don't procrastinate and renew on line today at www.Lionelcollectors.org
We Need Your Help Next Year
We need volunteers to help set up the LCCA/Lionel FasTrack Modular Railroad Layout at the upcoming World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour shows. If you live in one of the host cities (Indianapolis IN, Chicago, IL, St. Paul., MN, San Antonio, TX or Kansas City, MO and are willing to pitch in and help spread the magic of Lionel trains and the LCCA, please contact me.
President , CEO and Fellow Member
Lionel Collectors Club of America