I run primarily DCS - I rarely run my conventional engines but decided to get one out tonight to run. It has been a while. I will try to best describe the problem I am having.
1. Running DCs engine - all is fine
2. All DCS engines are on sidings with now power
3. turn on convention engine with passenger train. 20 volts on the Z-4000 all light up nicely
4. Use throttle on z-4000 train moves nicely forward and backward everything seems fine.
5. go to remote hit TR and start controlling train with remote....lights dim and Z-4000 is buzzing some like it does when there is a short....hard to control train speed. have to go to 14 volts some places back it back down at others. just doesn't seem to run right....
6. Park train on isolated siding and try to go back to DCS get error message DCS engine not on track.
7. Shut down all power and reboot - everything comes back like is supposed to ..now have power to DCS engines.
SO i guess one question is after a conventional session do you need to reboot to go back to DCS and secondly, why is running with the throttle so much better then when go to remote - seems to be shorting.
Does it have anything to do with train crossing from one TIU input to the other...I have made some changes since last time ran conventionally, wondering if i inadvertently screwed something up?