Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Glad to see them being sold seperate from containers. No longer will prospective unit train operators have to figure out what to do with a zillion YANG MING containers

Curious as to how commonplace single-unit cars with 40' wells are. I know they're out there since I've seen them in recent videos, but hadn't noticed them until a few days ago...till then I had always thought of Husky Stack cars sized for 53' boxes when I thought about single-unit well cars..

---PCJ

cabinet Bob,

You say the black Intermodal cars (4 pack) are sold out. Then, why are they still listed on Menards website. One other question cabinet Bob. Where any of these cars shipped to the different stores or where they all kept at the warehouse to be shipped out upon orders received? I'm happy to know your freight cars are selling but your company  don't want to upset your customers for lack of product.

Last edited by jim sutter
@Jim Berger posted:

No.....they are not even close.... think Lionel  027 in size....

@CAPPilot posted:

Are these suppose to be scale sized cars?  I thought they were more traditional O size.

These hold containers up to 10"L (or 40" scale feet) x 2-1/8"W (8.5 scale feet). Thus, they can hold a scale sized shipping container. By that logic, they should be pretty close to "scale".

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

I have been eyeing this car for a while and did not buy as I was concerned with it on my layout. I see that the curve radius won't be the issue but how far it will overhang the track on those curves. I have 036 and 042 curves.  I did order one and hopefully it doesn't wipe out the conductor at the train depot when it goes by, or if it will clear the top of the platform! I do also have an elevated track over my layout without permenant scenery. It may be delegated to run only there.

Dan

@CAPPilot posted:

Are these suppose to be scale sized cars?  I thought they were more traditional O size.

I believe they are a derivative of, if not the actual tooling of, the old Right-of-Way Industries well cars, which would make them scale.

My curiosity was to the prevalence of the real-life cars with 40' wells, as I only happened to notice them in the past couple of days in videos by Wide World of Trains. Previously if you had asked me, I would have speculated that the only single-unit well cars in present day were the Husky-Stack cars sized for 53' boxes, and the 40' wells were pretty much confined to the older five-unit articulated cars.

---PCJ

@IRON HORSE posted:

I saw the announcement this morning and just now had the chance to look closer.  What good are the cars when the Santa Fe containers are sold out?

Oh, well.  i  guess my train dollars go elsewhere.

you would think they’d keep these in stock. Not reissuing buildings is one thing, but containers are a whole different ball game. I’d love to have these with csx fallen flag containers. There has to be more containers on the way if they put these out. But, who knows?

They are scale, former Right of Way Industries doublestack cars without the middle sag.

If they get more road names for the containers, this would make an awesome product. A fantasy csx heritage container train would be awesome. As would some of the standard shipping companies. Considering Lionel was well over $100 for scale detailed cars, these could be fun and you could take creative liberties with the container road names.

@Csxcellent posted:

If they get more road names for the containers, this would make an awesome product. A fantasy csx heritage container train would be awesome. As would some of the standard shipping companies. Considering Lionel was well over $100 for scale detailed cars, these could be fun and you could take creative liberties with the container road names.

they have had other containers ( company names)

@Longshore posted:

I have no Menards within 1000 miles of me.  I’m in the Pacific northwet.  I’ve ordered from the Casper Wyoming store, but shipping was spendy.  Do some stores offer free shipping?

Free shipping: I had a separate thread, regarding this, recently. I have a local Menards and was going to order an item and have it shipped there. While I was placing the order, free shipping was not an option. Others who replied said it worked for them, so, I don’t know. Shipping/handling costs doubled the cost of the item. I wanted it but didn’t need it so I passed on placing the order.

Steve

Last edited by RideTheRails

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.