Skip to main content

I have tracked down a loose pin in the 40 pin connector that I believe is the cause for a light not functioning. What would be the correct way to tighten this pin up? It appears that when the plug is inserted into the socket this pin just push up and does not mate with the pin it’s supposed to connect with.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for your offer John. It’s the Number board lights on a ps3 RailKing. I put the meter on the plug by very carefully  sticking some micro pins in the plug for poles to put my test leads against. The lights lit up so the wiring and bulbs are all good. Now just trying to figure out if it’s the pins not connecting to the board or is it actually the board. Everything else functions fine. Though I like number boards to work, it may not be worth the hassle. I’ve never had just number boards on a ps3 board fail before, now all the sudden I have 2 ps3 units that number boards do not work. Anyway to put a meter on a board to check it? Those pins are awfully small, one wrong slip and you’ve made more big trouble. Not worth it if it can be safely done

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.